GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
hmmm. i concur. well replace saturn with 'larger planet than earth with a weaker force of gravity' and we're on the same page.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Newton was born around the time that Galileo died. Galileo Galilei famously proved that objects of different weight accelerate at the same rate due to gravity by dropping objects of different weight from the Tower of Pisa. Galileo's Leaning Tower of Pisa experiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia There have been several great scientists who have had insights into gravity: Galileo, Newton, Kepler, Einstein and more recently Penrose and Hawking. Ok....I'll shut up now......cheque please!
Actually.. it is a myth that Galileo dropped them off the tower of Pisa.
He rolled round objects down a hill and because of the slope, it was more easily observable.

THe tower of Pisa story probably just sounds more fancy and that is why it gained so much popularity.. but it is undoubtedly false. Have a read on Stephen Hawkings website where they go into more detail about this.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
0-62.5 mph 3.6 sec with LC off with LC in R mode 3.3 sec
I will never try LC off again!!!!!

Bad for the gearbox.
Does LC stand for Large Cliff?

I presume its bad for gearbox because all the front of the car passes through it went it hits the bottom.................. :rolleyes:

DaveG

·
Registered
8 Posts
@davidgeorge. Which is faster?! The R35 is faster, but the Maxima may be better? Which question were you asking?

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
The real question is "does anyone understand the meaning of irony?"

It's a piss take, haven't you read the replies?

Surely not thats really upset me................

I have just replaced the Stageas coolant with heavy water and was going down to dover this weekend with cliff to improve my stageas LC time

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
The real question is "does anyone understand the meaning of irony?"

It's a piss take, haven't you read the replies?

Surely not thats really upset me................

I have just replaced the Stageas coolant with heavy water and was going down to dover this weekend with cliff to improve my stageas LC time

and how to you get a cube to roll anywhere

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I understand you being a little disappointed with your time at the Pod but isn't driving it off a cliff to improve that time a bit drastic?

There'll be no second or third run you know!

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
depends on how much bhp you have + what drag co. <0.27 and also how much slip(grip) you got from 1st and 2nd gear.

I lost to a R34 with (750 bhp) with my almost standard GT-R (500 bhp) with drag ( I am a beginner with shifting even with automatics at drag)

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
depends on how much bhp you have + what drag co. <0.27 and also how much slip(grip) you got from 1st and 2nd gear.

I lost to a R34 with (750 bhp) with my almost standard GT-R (500 bhp) with drag ( I am a beginner with shifting even with automatics at drag)

Thats so very true slip is important - I missed gear cos my hand slipped off the gearlever when I tried to change up.

Of course I wont have that problem if I use the LC going down
at dover

TMAXX question is ....... how long can this thread go on ?

:chuckle::chuckle:

21 - 40 of 50 Posts