GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about being daring.

Ever since I knackered my rear brakes and my front during a day of excessive break wear (some have their suspicions), I've been considering replacing the rear pads and skimming the discs.

Has anyone tried skimming the discs ? Does one need a special tool to do both sides at once (to ensure both faces are parrallel)or is it satisfactory to just run a tool along one side and the the other. Can you suggest a pad for the r32 caliper?

I replaced the front calipers with r33 ones. Can anyone recommend a good make of pad? I think the current ones are ferrodo but can't remember the model number. Doyou know that aswell please?

Yours hopefully

charlie

·
Registered
520 Posts
I changed my standard pads for a set of PAGIDs from Hiteq before my last trackday. They were loads better than standard, but I managed to warp the discs in under 250 miles.

I have decided that I am going to upgrade to AP 6 pots, as in the long run I don't think it will work out that much more expensive than replacing the standard discs and pads every couple of thousand miles, but should offer infinitely better braking performance.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Rod Bell put some DS2000's? on the front and Pagid's on the back. Miles better than the stock pads. Superb.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts