GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
I know there might tons of same post here but i couldn't find right one, I want to build my first Rb30 with RB26 head, and looking for some rods and pistons,
pistons i decide JE or cp, but cant decide with rods, defending on my budget i have several options
1 Manley
2. Eagle
3 Brian Crower H Beam Rods

need wise opinion to choose, or i shouldn't buy them at all?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any idea guys?
Any of those rods are rated and safe for 450-500kW at the wheels??
Any opinion about Spoon rods?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I had Manley h beams in my k20turbo running 500bhp and allways worried about them but the took it for 8000miles was only used for road use, if you buy Manley I would suggest turbo tuff I beams. A lot of people use pec rods rk tunning uses them and has them in stock or Cosworth

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As i understand researching last few days, its better to leave RB30 rods then change it with eagle and manley if the option is H beam, after doing some research found that spool makes good rods with reliable price, i will do some research if no will go to Nitto...
I remember one guru guy suggest me to leave standard rods and change only the bolts but still afraid of old rods:))

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I would never use eagle on any build, as you have engine apart it would be silly not to replace rods. Rk and mgt use pec rods and Cosworth in lots of builds and never had any failures, ultimate rod in my eyes would be Carrillo. I don't think you will go wrong with any off them specially compared to the old stock rods

Dan

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Lots of people use eagle rods with good results. Mine is running 760whp with them and I believe they were used in a Swedish 1000bhp skyline aswell.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the point is that to find information and then decide which part to take is not so easy, for last days i have searched and have seen tons of replys regarding rods some of them good and some of them bed and couldn't got to the point what to do . . especially when the person has no experience its hard to decide
Last GTR i had was build with super tech pistons and stock rods, i was driving this car with 500+hp at the rear wheel and it still drifts with 430 HP at the rear last two year and no issue with the engine :)
the point is when you are searching some info u understand everyone is writing that car handles the power on some setup but nobody writes how long the car was driven after:)
few runs on the dyno or few year :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seems like there are no spoon users here, checking their page they are advertising them and describe high power rods, Yes Nitto s are one of Australians favorite one:)

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Eagle don't make a rod for RB30s

Nitto, Argo, or Carrillo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts