GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some new spark plugs for my r32 gtr with an r34 n1 engine running 500bhp and not sure which plugs or heat range to get?

·
Registered
502 Posts
bumping an old thread..

I am needing some plugs for my BNR32 and one of my mates is going to pass me some NGK BKR9EIX.

I am using HKS M45 Super Fire.

However, I checked and the plugs are ISO length plugs, meaning they are 2.5mm shorter.

Can I use a ISO length plug? or we must definitely use a JIS length plug?

What are the effects of a shorter length plug?

The ISO is 2.5mm shorter.

Thanks.

·
Registered
502 Posts
and so I pulled the plugs out today and this is how the plugs were ..

Looking at the condition of the plugs, I can't help but feel that something is not right ..

the plugs were fitted less than 3 months ago ... I have only brought the car to track once, and other times were using it as normal...

any idea why they have become like that?

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
Hi

What ECU are you using? do you have a wide band on the car? give us a call ask for Garth he will give you some good advice:thumbsup:.

Regards MGT

and so I pulled the plugs out today and this is how the plugs were ..

Looking at the condition of the plugs, I can't help but feel that something is not right ..

the plugs were fitted less than 3 months ago ... I have only brought the car to track once, and other times were using it as normal...

any idea why they have become like that?

·
Registered
902 Posts

- Injector fauly
- Injector settings wrong
- Ignition settings wrong
- Oil contamination
- Vacuum leak

and the list goes on and on.
Best to have it checked, or if you want to try it yourself swap over the injectors from a good cilinder to a bad cilinder, new set of plugs and try.

Trial and error in most cases but to be sure you don't damage the car it's best to have it checked by a performance shop.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts