GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a midnight purple 33 with Top secret carbon hood in HK. Got a clash recently and damage the carbon hood. Looking for a new hood now and spot 2 choices from China here.

Which one do you think looks better on a 33?

1) the VF style

2) the JU style

Thanks for your advice! :wavey:

Ringo

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Not to mention if your actually using a vented bonnet for the correct reasons will depend which one you will go for!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Not to mention if your actually using a vented bonnet for the correct reasons will depend which one you will go for!
+1

vented bonnet/hood has a purpose. it helps hot air escape from engine bay. if that is your purpose then the two options will depend on your taste. otherwise, its just for the looks.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Like some have said,it's down to your taste.... But got to admit the 1st one dose it for me

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
The Z tune will remove more hot air than the JU - as long as there are holes and its not just show!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Heck peeps don't seem to like the aftermarket hoods.

Lets try and be helpful and actually assume that the choice is which carbon bonnet not something else.

For looks I go the VF, for stealth the Jun. There are others bit actually I think the top secret one is awesome so why change?

I see a lot of people wrap the bonnet to match the car these days rather than just carbon. Something to think about...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love the top-secret one but unfortunately some of the clear coats and the part of the FRP underneath had spider cracks after the accident..

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ouch!
That bonnet looks great. Get another The same! But if you are tired of it the VF is a bit different and has mean street presence which suits the purple.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Fitment with carbon bonnets and boot lids are normall shit! Unless you buy a Nismo or Electra it will always have some funny angles that just do not look right. besides what is wrong with the OEM bonnet? If you need venting fit some ducts.

·
Registered
110 Posts
OEM looks like OEM. Just like saying: What's wrong with standard power? Nothing, but more is more. And sometimes you just want more... It's. Not like a carbon bonnet totally wrecks the look... It's just taste.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Majority of carbon bonnets are just wet lay carbon and sometimes they are heavier than the oem ones. If you go for pre peg and then paint it I will salut you!

No wonder there are so many tacky looking Skylines around these days because owners seem to have no taste and stick on poor designed frp and carbon kits. In many ways it devalues the car and makes a Skyline look like what chavs used to once do with hot hatches!

·
Registered
110 Posts
So buy a decent one... Nismo, top secret Jun... They are not in themselves bad taste. FRRACER Your avatar has those god aweful carnads and a GT wing. A lot of folk would call that rice. One mans cool is anothers crap!

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
So buy a decent one... Nismo, top secret Jun... They are not in themselves bad taste. FRRACER Your avatar has those god aweful carnads and a GT wing. A lot of folk would call that rice. One mans cool is anothers crap!
With the exception of Nismo I think even the 'decent' branded carbon bonnets are wet lay. I'd be surprised if the weight difference between that and GRP was noticable. And probably the OEM bonnet will be lighter and certainly safer/less hassle.

If you want one for the look then fair play.

I think that the second one in the OP looks better.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
The car in the Avatar is the Mines R34 Demo, I dont think that car has anything in bad taste.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Of the two the OP has posted, I would be inclined to choose the second.. More subtle. But it depends on what the OP likes and what the rest of the car looks like..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts