GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all,

R33 Gtr - 18 265 35 semi slicks....

I've been looking at replacing my Rsr's but torn between, sticking with these as the price for what they are, are great! Spend double the amount for Nankang AR-1's or abit more for R888R/AD08RS....

I don't usually drive it in the wet if I can help it so not really looking for rainsports etc.

Looking forward to hearing peoples thoughts!

·
Premium Member
3,299 Posts
I use Yokohama AD08R on a 500bhp Evo and find them a very good tyre. Excellent grip in dry weather, not too much road noise and perfectly adequate in damp and light rain.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive heard similar reviews about ad08rs!
I've been looking at prices today, which make the Yokos look more attractive, i thought they would be more.

Rsr pros = 400
AR-1s = 756
Ad08rs = 577
R888Rs = 784

I did stumble across a set of wheels at 999 that come with 200 mile old R888's.... i could do with a set of track wheels ***x1f914;***x1f602;

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there, on my R33GTR with 600HP with 265/35/18.

Michelin Cup I: good tyre, worth the money - discontinued :(

Michelin Cup II: grip at dry conditiones and drivable and in the wet already. Very weak on the flank. Drive with 3,5deg. camber on the front and tieres are worn at the outside. You could use them, but had to increase the tyre pressure to ~2,7bar cold. Thats not the best pressure on the track.

Nankang AR1 (late2016): best tyre for the car in my eyes. perfect grip in dry conditions, bit slippery in the wet, hard flank, cheaper than the rest (Toyo R888R, Pirelli trofeo, Yokohama A048). Tyre is now worn at the inside with 2,4bar hot. Absolutly normal
Would it buy twice.

The Federal RSR is more an UHP tyre than a semi slick. This one is not comparable with semis.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Panda,

Now I've got a second set of wheels, i'm going to replace the R888s with Ar1s once I've worn them out. The Federals will be replaced with a more all rounder tyre probably cup 2's or a Bridgestone of some sort.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Remember, our cars are heavy on the front, start with 1,9-2,0 cold on the front not less. In doubt, check and release the pressure twice during a stint. You should come out to 2,4bar hot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The rears should also come out at 2,4 hot. Think you can start with 2,0 or 2,1 cold, as they have less load then the front.
The rears have only load when you speed up, the front when you brake hard and steer into the corner, furthermore the curb weight is around 62% on the front, during braking even more.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ill give them pressures a try, It's been a while! I think my last track day I may have started cold 2.3.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread but finding very little info. Changing to a 10.5 wheel/295 Tyre what are the ar1s like on the road how bad is the wear or are they a strictly track Tyre?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts