GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've noticed there are various turbo options for stage 4.5 / 5, can anyone with upgraded turbos share their views and experiences? Other comments are welcome.

Thanks,

MOD GTR

·
Premium Member
904 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
The big Litchfield EFR's are SOOO impressive, great spool and more power than most can use! Lag ???? WTF is that once they are spooled if you can drive they are on boost.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just leave the std ones on or dig deep for efr spec turbo's
So you don't think the Litchfield 4.5 turbos are worth it as a middle ground between stock and EFR? I've heard guys running stock engine and tran on EFRs with no probs but I'd personally be on edge unless all necessary components are upgraded..

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
So you don't think the Litchfield 4.5 turbos are worth it as a middle ground between stock and EFR? I've heard guys running stock engine and tran on EFRs with no probs but I'd personally be on edge unless all necessary components are upgraded..
i blew mine on std turbos...

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I have the 4.5 turbos on my car and they impressive, everyone that has been in the car is very impressed with the setup. They are very quick bottom to mid range, it was a last year so I cant remember exactly but it did a 60 - 130 of 4.2 or 4.3 on ecutek. Go check out the cartel leaderboard and see where that sits/compares to others ;-) (my car is not on there)

Dimitri and john (dudesvr) take care of my car and with a map they put together on the road it made 799bhp, this was taking into account the box was not fully built. Now its been built they will be able to squeeze more out of it and set it up properly on the dyno, which will be done in the near future

I will be switching up later on in the year as my own personal goal is 1000whp. In all honesty, the car is rapid as it is and doesn't really need changing but its a goal I have had in my head for years

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the 4.5 turbos on my car and they impressive, everyone that has been in the car is very impressed with the setup. They are very quick bottom to mid range, it was a last year so I cant remember exactly but it did a 60 - 130 of 4.2 or 4.3 on ecutek. Go check out the cartel leaderboard and see where that sits/compares to others ;-) (my car is not on there)

Dimitri and john (dudesvr) take care of my car and with a map they put together on the road it made 799bhp, this was taking into account the box was not fully built. Now its been built they will be able to squeeze more out of it and set it up properly on the dyno, which will be done in the near future

I will be switching up later on in the year as my own personal goal is 1000whp. In all honesty, the car is rapid as it is and doesn't really need changing but its a goal I have had in my head for years
799BHP on stage 4.5? That's very impressive! Can you share the full mods you have and year?

·
Premium Member
904 Posts

Might be interested in these if/when you sell em?

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Might be interested in these if/when you sell em?
Ok mate

I will be at some point, all the large foundations for bigger power my end are now laid, it literally just depends on when I get the funds. Will probably be once summer is out of the way, doesn't matter to me if the car is out of action over winter :)

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
799BHP on stage 4.5? That's very impressive! Can you share the full mods you have and year?
it will be able to make more power and torque, it was not dialed in completely due to the box not being fully built at the time and being done on the road. Dimitri and John are wizards, they certainly know how to make a car go fast lol

bloody hell, I cant even remember but engine upgrades from memory:

Year is 2009
1050cc injectors
4 bar map sensor
Litchfield sport engine
Litchfield race cooler
Litchfield 4.5 turbos
asnu pumps
whifbitz exhaust system
ecutek v6 (at the mo)

box is now fully built and running an 18 plate clutch kit so once I can, it will go in for a proper mapping session. I may save the money and put it towards larger turbos, im undecided at the mo

·
Registered
177 Posts
indeed mate, Litchfield hybrids
So all the OEM components will fit (manifold, lines, downpipes etc)
Bang for buck, are the EFR turbos really worth the extra cash?
Seems they're around twice the price(?) for slightly better spool and less tapering off at the top end- if comparing similar size to OEM IHI.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Litchfield sport engine
Litchfield race cooler

box is now fully built and running an 18 plate clutch kit so once I can, it will go in for a proper mapping session. I may save the money and put it towards larger turbos, im undecided at the mo
Sport engine and race cooler, that's the secret ***x1f604;

Mate you're probably good for a reliable 1000hp 800tq now

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
So all the OEM components will fit (manifold, lines, downpipes etc)
Bang for buck, are the EFR turbos really worth the extra cash?
Seems they're around twice the price(?) for slightly better spool and less tapering off at the top end- if comparing similar size to OEM IHI.
To the best of my knowledge yes mate, but better off checking with Litchfield.

In my personal opinion id say no but I'm sure there are people that would disagree, I guess it just depends on your wants and needs. Probably just speaking to the guys at Litchfield, I believe they sell the 6578 turbos so could probably give a much better unbiased opinion.

I have not been in a car running 6578 but I know people rave about them and not heard anything bad so they must be a good setup. I do know that my car rips and even john, who has and drives ridiculously more powerful cars than mine was surprised how quick it is.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts