GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys.

Have recently taken delivery of an R33 V-spec with white Enkei 5-spokes wearing almost bald Falken Azenis 235/45-17s under adjustable HKS suspension.

Should I replace the tyres with same size, with 245/45-17 or with 255/40-17?

I hear that 255/45 would be too saggy and 245/40 are stupid expensive.

Going for T1-Rs.

Thanks!

Simon.

PS, best performance mod for £500? PM me maybe? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
235 sounds narrow; what width are the wheels?

Not sure about the £500; is the car standard, if not what has been done/changed?

·
Registered
442 Posts
I've got 265/40/17's on my 9.5"rims. They fill the arches nicely.

Not noticed it feeling "saggy", running on Tein SS's.

·
Registered
269 Posts
That' fortunate mate, I have a set of T1-R's up for sale but I haven't got round to taking the pictuers yet.. They are 2 years old and have covered only 2000 miles, they are mint with no tears, scuffs or chunks missing and have shiiit loads of tread left. They are 255/40/17 and were on my Gram Lights wheels which I am now using for track use and have put oyo R888's on them, hence why my T1R-s are up for sale...

I'm looking for £300 plus delivery but ideally collention would be prefered (They cost me £600 new fitted)

Regards

Gary

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
fwiw standard wheels are 17x9 (et30), standard tyres are 245 45

·
Registered
83 Posts
Dimensions Front: 17X8J + 35H
Dimensions Rear: 17X9J +38L
these are the measurements that i have got, the studs are 5 but i cannot get anymore info from the rim these are SA3R alloys.

Centre Bore =70mm measured from the back

hi would these fit a r33 gtst 1996 thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, guys!

Nismosis, I could shoot myself! Have been offline a couple of days and ordered a set of those exact tyres at £106 each to be fitted tomorrow! Am near you, too!

Ru, not sure of wheel width, should find out tomorrow. Today spotted a fill set of spacers on it though.

No real power mods as yet - standard ECU and airbox, catback, HKS coilovers, t timer and cusco drag rods.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Difficult because they've just done nearly 2k of work to it and they're MOTing it this afternoon!

May be in touch as an investment for spares if you've still got them in a bit of time!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts