GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Missus has agreed to buy me a performance data logger for xmas (yes, that's as good as it gets lol) so I need some help and the opinions of forum members that have had use and experience of these. I'm considering VBOX Sport which I see there has been a group buy a while back, so interested in how those people have got on with it and the VBOX PerformanceBox which I have seen owners using on track/runway days...or is there something else better out there?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Just for info... Racelogic have just released the VBox HD.
VBOX HD Motorsport
edit: just checked and looking at it, it's overpriced and not customisible.

I've got a sport from the group buy but don't really use it.
If you don't want new... used twice.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Richard, will bare your offer in mind if the Sport is the one I decide on. Did you find the Sport easy enough to use? There's no display so I gather that any instant data is outputed to your phone, How is that done, is it bluetoothed?

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Thanks Richard, will bare your offer in mind if the Sport is the one I decide on. Did you find the Sport easy enough to use? There's no display so I gather that any instant data is outputed to your phone, How is that done, is it bluetoothed?
Yes. It's very easy to use.
Everything is shown on the phone.
It's good, but I prefer a video feed from my Vbox light.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Liked the sound of the vbox lite but think its a tad out of my good ladys budget
It's a lot more of a faff to set up too. :)
So I don't use it as often as I probably should.

By comparison the Sport is very easy.
Mount and power... job done.

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
I've got the sport, and its really useful, bluetooth with the iphone, add both ios apps and log everything the sd card. All the stats are displayed on the iphone screen, and then further analysis via loading the data into the circuit tools app on windows laptop, its really good bit of software, has a database of all the tracks and can plot the driving line etc from your laps etc, just like the performance vbox units, except for the video inputs, but if you have some go pros, front&rear, then its definately less than the performance vbox packages.. Even the new HD one looks like its 720p not full 1080p.. Test vids on youtube look ace though!

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Tin, if I remember correctly, when i had a passenger lap with you at vmax black weren't you using a vbox performancebox? If so what made you change to a Sport?

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Hi, no I wasn't using any Racelogic device, it was probably the Road Angel I was using to get a gps speed reading. I got the vbox sport from Iain when at the gtroc silverstone in sept.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
vbox sport for me though I've used the normal v-box.

The lcd screen is all but useless, especially compared with the iphone screen which is also easier to share online.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts