GTR Forum banner

Which pad?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, new disc's are needed shortly and I think I'm going to go down the DBA route. But the question is, what pad to use?

You have the following to choose from:-

1. FD2500's - good pad but sometimes can be noisy and are dusty!
2. Red Stuff Ceramic - again a good pad, but more noise than above, less dust.

or do I go up to:-

1. FD3000's? or
2. Yellow Stuff?

The car is used mainly on the raod, with the odd trackday thrown in.

Andy.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Hi Andy,

Do not consider EBC Redstuff even for one trackday!!! They are strictly road use only:flame:

We have sold many sets of EBC Yellowstuff for both road & occasional track days with very positive feedback:)

Regards,

Dave.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I have run DS2500s and EBC Reds (the last compound) back to back and found that the DS2500s were great performance wise but the noise and dust drove me nuts. The old EBC reds were great even on track and the Yellow Stuff better again.

Yellow stuffs certainly get my vote.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
s2gtr said:
Hi Andy,

Do not consider EBC Redstuff even for one trackday!!! They are strictly road use only:flame:

We have sold many sets of EBC Yellowstuff for both road & occasional track days with very positive feedback:)

Regards,

Dave.
i'm tempted to try the yellow pads, as long as they don't squeek!

had ebc reds which didn't squeek, and was told good for road and odd track day, however they were wrong, Cooked after one track day! at the mo have ferrado ds2500 and they squeek so much :(

·
Registered
627 Posts
Blue Hawk were recommended to me for fast road and trackday use and they work well for me,when I have my car that is!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
IM going to get endless ccx for mine as i need new ones, £125 from newera plus postage.

good for road and track with so say no warming up needed.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Yellow for me. I found them rather good, although a touch expensive.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Peter said:
Pagid Black...
How much Peter, where from? Would these be ok for mostly road use plus the odd trackday?

Bear in mind guys, I have upgraded the front disc's to the standard Brembo GTR, but have so far retained the standard GTS-t rears, (though I'm looking at an upgrade to the DBA disc's at both ends.).

Thanks for the reply's so far peeps, keep them coming.:)

Andy.

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Try any of the traders here Andy or failing that, Tim at Circuit Supplies. Great pad, no cold or particular noise issues and are pretty stable on track.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Andy

I'm using FDS2500 on the GTR which seems ok for the road but are dusty.

On my impreza the best I've had so far are Mintex 1166 (better than 2500 and red stuff). It's more track orientated, but does give good initial bite still on the road, less dust than 2500, and don't fade easily, yet somehow still last well. Just taken 6 x 20 min sessions round croft on a trackday with only 3mm of pad left, didn't fade and only used about 1-1.5mm of pad.

Anyhow, I've SEEN you drive on the road :eek: so I would go with a track orientated pad :D

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SIHethers said:
Andy

Anyhow, I've SEEN you drive on the road :eek: so I would go with a track orientated pad :D
I've no idea what your referring too!!:chuckle:

To be honest, I was using some pads from Greddy, before going back to the FD2500's and they were bloody great........................they just don't make them anymore!!:confused:

·
Registered
562 Posts
My brakes were terrible on my 33 GTR so put MINTEX EXTREME pads in. The difference was incredible and Im extremely happy with these although, apart from the ones that came on the car I havent tried the others listed.

Very good price too, just dont take too much notice of the anti squeal shims and use plenty of copper grease.

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Andy, I've just been talking to Andy fromEBC and he highly recommends the NEW yellow pads DM 1846. He has just e-mailed me some more details and i will be doing a write up for them very shortly.
If you want me to forward you all the info he has given me, pop me your e-mail add , and i'll forward you the info.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
paul creed said:
Andy, I've just been talking to Andy fromEBC and he highly recommends the NEW yellow pads DM 1846. He has just e-mailed me some more details and i will be doing a write up for them very shortly.
If you want me to forward you all the info he has given me, pop me your e-mail add , and i'll forward you the info.
On it's way to you Paul. :)

Cheers,

Andy.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Don't know if you have gone your chosen route with regards to pads. I said in an earlier post that I have been happy with Hawk blue and I was, but if the Pagid RS29's perform at Spa Monday as well as they feel today after bedding in on the road then the Pagid's will get my vote. The bite is amazing. I'm running them with the F50 caliper.

·
Registered
589 Posts
padz

Nismo s tune, better than what was in, they will be gettin some hammer this sunday at harewood hillclimb, leeds. :clap: . cheers. D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Project MU

Highly recommed the project Mu level 900 good bite from cold and great bite with rotor temps in excess of 300 C and very little dust.

After the last track day last weekend coming hard into the pit and measuring the rotor and caliper temps ASAP was very surprised to find rotor temps just under 300 c and caliper temps of 132 c They worked very well and were getting better each session

1 - 20 of 21 Posts