1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Those who can really drive, and understand the importance of a fully balanced car in regards to chassis, grip, aero, and power would take the Nismo.

The majority though, who don't have the skills to utilise the Nismo, and don't actually understand the difference in the car due to the work and development that has gone into it, and who just want to impress their mates with acceleration, will choose the one with more power.

Let's be honest, the majority of drivers only have the skills to press their foot down onto an accelerator, thus the amount of 'power' threads compared to ones with chassis development.

clivew.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Those who can really drive, and understand the importance of a fully balanced car in regards to chassis, grip, aero, and power would take the Nismo.

The majority though, who don't have the skills to utilise the Nismo, and don't actually understand the difference in the car due to the work and development that has gone into it, and who just want to impress their mates with acceleration, will choose the one with more power.

Let's be honest, the majority of drivers only have the skills to press their foot down onto an accelerator, thus the amount of 'power' threads compared to ones with chassis development.

clivew.

Whilst I agree with you, you'll have a hard time convincing me that the Nismo has £60k of chassis improvements over a stock car.

I don't think that it's in dispute that you could achieve a car as fast as the Nismo on the track for far less money, but then you dont have a Nismo,you have a modded GTR.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I can't image being able to really enjoy all that power on the road, nismo for me i f I had the monies.

I'm never sure on those big power builds and would be waiting for something to break every time I used it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Have to say that Nismo looks the biz. Opportunities to use standard GT-R power on the roads are extremely limited let alone 1400bhp. Wouldn't mind having a go though :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Can I have a 991 GT3 RS instead please?
Me too! They are just the business. Was chatting to a guy at the ring last week who has a 4.0 GT3 RS and told me it is now worth £400k.....Apparently the new 991 GT3 RS is commanding a premium of £100+ over list price....big money

·
Registered
377 Posts

clivew.

Probably the most ignorant comment I have seen on here in a while.

·
Premium Member
3,238 Posts

clivew.
Probably the most sensible comment I've seen on here in a while.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Having owned I very high power R35, I can safely say my money would be on a Nismo ALL DAY LONG. Modded GTR's currently hold half decent residuals, however, they won't forever like the Nismo will. Granted, my personal opinion of the Nismo is its to 'Look at me' and if feel like a right Prat driving one, for me I have gone back in time... I have on the way from JP a Mint R34 GTR! Can't beat them

1 - 20 of 145 Posts