GTR Forum banner

Which would you choose???

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
So I drove the Nismo at Silverstone on Monday pretty hard.....my choice is all about pure track performance....would I have it over the high track spec that my Litchfield GTR was last year....I would have to say no....my car felt superior in everyway except for maybe looks as I really like the Nismos stance and presence.....

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Lets be real, your track spec Litchfield car probably had £1000's in mods to make it a great car and work on track. The Nismo must cost Nissan all of £249.50 more to make than a standard GTR therefore I would expect your car to be better all round and perform better on track IMO ???

So I drove the Nismo at Silverstone on Monday pretty hard.....my choice is all about pure track performance....would I have it over the high track spec that my Litchfield GTR was last year....I would have to say no....my car felt superior in everyway except for maybe looks as I really like the Nismos stance and presence.....

·
Registered
743 Posts
nismo v 1400

am i a bit green here !
in a strait line the 1400 would win hands down ,but around a track the nismo should win hands down 1400 bhp is a crazy amount of power for a track car ,so the tyres would be the first thing to go, then something else would probably go with that power ,the nismo should be almost Bullit proof and looks great if i had the doe i would get one tommorow ,power isnt everything as anyone knows whos raced in class based races imo.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
am i a bit green here !
in a strait line the 1400 would win hands down ,but around a track the nismo should win hands down 1400 bhp is a crazy amount of power for a track car ,so the tyres would be the first thing to go, then something else would probably go with that power ,the nismo should be almost Bullit proof and looks great if i had the doe i would get one tommorow ,power isnt everything as anyone knows whos raced in class based races imo.
Power is nothing without control

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Nismo with warranty, future high retained value and balance/handling.
SVM 1,400bhp 5 year old GT-R with a big bill if anything breaks, poor residuals because it looks over priced to me and it's all about the powaaar!

Let me think about that for a moment.

Yeah, Nismo.
Even though I'm not particularly a fan of the Nismo because I think it's too expensive.

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
am i a bit green here !
You are kind of correct. However when I am back on syvecs in the next few weeks I will be boost limiting a map specifically for circuit. Boost can be limited by Speed or gear as well as throttle position.

So imagine you had a perfect 1:1 throttle vs power map, so in essence you have full control on your right foot, although thats great it makes the window of traction very narrow around tight turns, so now throw into that boost limiting by mph. Tight turns now have a maximum boost of say 0.5Bar (in my case anyway) and as I go down the straights it ramps in the boost.

This way of tuning a high BHP car will enable you to use 100% traction all of the time. 1,400bhp in 5th and 6th is perfectly controllable by your foot, not so much in 2nd!

Anyway - back on topic.

PS Richard, you are right on all counts there mate.

·
Premium Member
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Nismo with warranty, future high retained value and balance/handling.
SVM 1,400bhp 5 year old GT-R with a big bill if anything breaks, poor residuals because it looks over priced to me and it's all about the powaaar!
Let me think about that for a moment.
Yeah, Nismo.
Even though I'm not particularly a fan of the Nismo because I think it's too expensive.
Good points, however.. Surely SVM will warranty the work on a 1400bhp monster they have built that's cost a lot of ££, and then the owner pay for a yearly warranty on the car with them? for peace of mind, and support from the tuner, as its not just a norm stage 1-4 tune.

Personally I'd like a Nismo with 1400bhp :chuckle: Now that would be epic!

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Good points, however.. Surely SVM will warranty the work on a 1400bhp monster they have built that's cost a lot of ££, and then the owner pay for a yearly warranty on the car with them? for peace of mind, and support from the tuner, as its not just a norm stage 1-4 tune.

Personally I'd like a Nismo with 1400bhp :chuckle: Now that would be epic!
I believe the chances of a warranty on any car making way over 1,000bhp just isn't going to happen.

There might be the odd comment about "we'll help you out if it breaks" but at that kind of power level I personally would be expecting to hand over my wallet every time something went wrong.

I've seen highly tuned GT-Rs eat the odd engine.
It costs.

Far easier to warranty a stage 1-4 car as they are well proven and not testing the strength of probably every component in the drivetrain.

·
Registered
87 Posts

At this level, you could probably have both!

That SVM car is horribly overvalued. Somebody is delusional if they think they can get 99% of their modification expenditure back when selling their car.

We all recognise that nissan are charging a premium for the Nismo, but dont be fooled there is alot of tinkering that has gone under the skin of that car. Naturally not 50k+ worth though but who needs value for money?!

·
Premium Member
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I believe the chances of a warranty on any car making way over 1,000bhp just isn't going to happen.
Far easier to warranty a stage 1-4 car as they are well proven and not testing the strength of probably every component in the drivetrain.
If I spent what's needed to get a car to 1000+ bhp, personally I'd be asking for some kind of warranty, whether i had to pay for it on top as extra or not.... And if they wouldn't do it, one I'd be asking why?? As they should support their work top end work to some degree, and not leave a high tune build customer in the lurch... then I'd go with another tuner... or do you think none would warranty their own high end work CT17??

How Racist!
Yeah, Think he's voting UKIP today. :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
If I spent what's needed to get a car to 1000+ bhp, personally I'd be asking for some kind of warranty, whether i had to pay for it on top as extra or not.... And if they wouldn't do it, one I'd be asking why?? As they should support their work top end work to some degree, and not leave a high tune build customer in the lurch... then I'd go with another tuner... or do you think none would warranty their own high end work CT17??

I get that 100%.
But do Litchfield or more importantly SVM (as this is an SVM car) actually warranty huge power builds is the question.

I didn't think they did.

If you chose to go down that path you are putting more than double the power through the whole drivetrain it's supposed to run.
You are going to break stuff from time to time.
You expect that IMO, parts that don't normally suffer at stage 1-4 become consumables.

41 - 60 of 145 Posts