GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been think about getting a Y Pipe for sometime now and have decided to go for it. Only question now is - which one!? I have no other performance mods and I wont be having it remapped as don't want to void my warranty, just think it deserves a few more vocal cords :chuckle:

Also why did Nissan make such a quiet super car!?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yo might aswel go for y-pipe plus remap ;) Will improve the overall feel of the car

·
Ooo Matron !
2,362 Posts
Mine is under a 1 year Nissan warranty and they said that fitting a Y-pipe was fine for the warranty, but if it was re-mapped that would invalidate said warranty.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yea they say it voids warranty but depending on your dealership they should still warranty your car for things not affected by the remap.. For example if you headlights start fogging up and you have had the remap + y-pipe.. There is no way they can say that due to the remapping of the car, we cannot warranty the fogged/faulty headlight..

·
Ooo Matron !
2,362 Posts
Yea they say it voids warranty but depending on your dealership they should still warranty your car for things not affected by the remap.. For example if you headlights start fogging up and you have had the remap + y-pipe.. There is no way they can say that due to the remapping of the car, we cannot warranty the fogged/faulty headlight..
I though that. If you have remap and your engine or gearbox blows up then that one thing, but if your wing mirror falls of then what has that got to do with a remap ?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've been think about getting a Y Pipe for sometime now and have decided to go for it. Only question now is - which one!? I have no other performance mods and I wont be having it remapped as don't want to void my warranty, just think it deserves a few more vocal cords :chuckle:

Also why did Nissan make such a quiet super car!?

It's very quiet from stock which is very surprising for a supercar.

But a y pipe goes a long way to sorting it out.

I fitted a milltek y pipe to my stock GTR which made it sound louder and more aggressive but as i do lots of mway driving I prefer the more expensive but abit quieter hks y pipe which I'm fitting on Friday.

Will let you know how that goes.

Other good popular choices are

Gtc, russ fellows, milltek etc.

Good luck

Ps Just remember it's a very slippery slope modding a GTR.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Sound clip on here sound nothing like the car in real life,,
IMHO waste of time,
Come to a meet and listen to some there,

Goldie

·
Registered
31 Posts
I agree. Video clips of track days don't represent what it's like to drive at a track either but people still post them:)

·
Registered
101 Posts
After listening to various videos i thought the milltek non res was bang on sound wise for me but I'm changing it for a resonated hks now.......

Withoutout listening to videos I probably would of gone straight to the hks resonated one as that seems to have the best sporty sound without getting too loud. Plus I like jap stuff.

If you must hear sound clips there is plenty about on you tube but don't take it as 100% accurate. I've learned from that mistake

But everyone's taste is different with sound levels and tone and drone tolerances etc

1 - 15 of 15 Posts