GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there,
I have had my Gtr for about 2 weeks now, I really do like it,
Just get a bit paranoid about some strange noises these cars make, Do most peoples car make a high pitch wine in the lower gears almost like a feint supercharger noise, not too loud but enough to hear it, is this a normal characteristic if the car? it fades the higher the gear,

Also the car has most of the service history done from Lichfields, so I want to keep it there, but I am based In Essex would Kaizer Motor be a good choice for a health check for my own reassurance + the exhaust rattle fix?

Cheers

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi there,
I have had my Gtr for about 2 weeks now, I really do like it,
Just get a bit paranoid about some strange noises these cars make, Do most peoples car make a high pitch wine in the lower gears almost like a feint supercharger noise, not too loud but enough to hear it, is this a normal characteristic if the car? it fades the higher the gear,

Also the car has most of the service history done from Lichfields, so I want to keep it there, but I am based In Essex would Kaizer Motor be a good choice for a health check for my own reassurance + the exhaust rattle fix?

Cheers
Definately go see Sly at Kaizer. He's friendly and the service is excellent. Much better than any NHPC.

Infact I was down there today, getting a service, new bridgestones and a few other bits and bobs done!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Definately go see Sly at Kaizer. He's friendly and the service is excellent. Much better than any NHPC.

Infact I was down there today, getting a service, new bridgestones and a few other bits and bobs done!
I have emailed him, He said to pop down, I just want a health check to make sure its good, I have no reason to think its not, but reassurance is nice on a new car,

also want the the tapping noise from my exhaust sorting, along with some bits, do you think the noise sounds normal then?

cheers

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
The whining noise could be the tyres - what is fitted and the sizes.
You will be in good hands with Sly as he works the same way as Litchfield's

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
i believe its that dreaded bell housing rattle but it put me off and i walked away well i ran really :)
They all rattle and knock with the occasional clicking etc, that is normal.
If it was bellhousing it is more at about 2,500rpm that you notice it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah the noise I notice is a slight high pitched whine that I get going through the gears it sounds like a feint supercharger like whine, i take it this is a characteristic?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The whining noise could be the tyres - what is fitted and the sizes.
You will be in good hands with Sly as he works the same way as Litchfield's
Hi mate the tires I have are from Lichfields I believe are Michelin SuperSport nearly new, the noise is a transmission noise, and very feint,

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You need to think of the noises as personality traits lol... That all make different ones... I'm in Braintree so may see u around
Hi mate, yes I hope so, the last few cars I have owned were Audi's so adjusting to the different noises is testing my nerves :). complete different cars,

Does you car make a similar sound?

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
if its normal ide be pissed off being down the garage all the time worrying about it. surly its not right ?

·
Registered
212 Posts
They do in general have a few rattles, I was a little twitchy to start with, but its all par for the course. I've popped down to sly a couple of times because I wasnt sure. A little reassurance and im happy as larry.

Sly's a good guy and will tell you whats what.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
if its normal ide be pissed off being down the garage all the time worrying about it. surly its not right ?
Unless you have a Indy improved bell housing they all rattle at tick over mate. Even pretty new ones. Tbh the R35 can make a right old racket at times and it takes a little getting used to. Whole drive train can get you worried when you first hear it but after a while you realise all is good. Just a real organic mechanical beast lol. Guess that's why you pay over 100k for the a Porsche equivalent I.e. the the 991 Turbo.

If you don't like noises mate stay away from it :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Unless you have a Indy improved bell housing they all rattle at tick over mate. Even pretty new ones. Tbh the R35 can make a right old racket at times and it takes a little getting used to. Whole drive train can get you worried when you first hear it but after a while you realise all is good. Just a real organic mechanical beast lol. Guess that's why you pay over 100k for the a Porsche equivalent I.e. the the 991 Turbo.

If you don't like noises mate stay away from it :chuckle:
so whats the indy bell housing and how much is this ??

1 - 20 of 47 Posts