GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I recently brought a white gtr does anyone have any tips on a good polish or wax for her? The back off the car gets very dirty quick kind of expect that from a white car. Also the heat from the exhaust seams to have slightly discoloured the rear bumper any advise?
Cheers :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
It was perfect and they offered warranty to boot... What peeved me off is that when I rang them back on Friday to finally sort they took a deposit ten mins before I called!!! I have never wanted someone to fail a credit agreement before now. Have been called today and they confirmed it sold grrrrrr!!!

As for wax on a white car I used to use one called 'something clay' I will see if I can dig it out of the garage. Think I kept the bottle.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hey Karl, congrats on the car :)

Basically if u want to protect the paint and want a mirror finnish i would recommend you get it detailed with the new Gtechniq Crystal Serum. Standard thing to do when getting a new car..
Crystal Serum is extra durable and comes with 5 year guarantee so you never need to polish or apply wax again

Had it put on my brothers C63AMG and gonna put it on the GTR very soon :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Z_Up5hUts

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
I've been quoted 500-700 depending on prep work required
Same here, it will be around 500-700 depending on prep work and condition of the paint.. Will try to post some pics up of the C class later with the serum on :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi,i also have a white gtr and have it booked in to have a new car detail,as its brand new.I looked into having the crystal serum applied and contacted KDS who are in Kent.They wanted £650 plus vat for perfect paint work or £800 plus vat for minor work need to paint work.The worse thing was they was taking bookings for september and this was 3 weeks ago.
Anyway its going in this friday to have the new car detail with the Modesta BC05 which is very similar to crystal serum,but surpose to be better.The guy who's doing it is basewd in Coulsdon so not far from you.I will post pic's once i have it back

·
Registered
644 Posts
I can confirm modesta bc-05 is also top grade sealant, very similar to the serum :) Had it put on the mclaren back home and it looks great..

Brand new 2014 MP4-12c from the dealership and the paint was a complete mess :flame: covered in swirls

·
Registered
137 Posts
I can confirm modesta bc-05 is also top grade sealant, very similar to the serum :) Had it put on the mclaren back home and it looks great..

Brand new 2014 MP4-12c from the dealership and the paint was a complete mess :flame: covered in swirls

Hashlak,

love the MP4 :cool: ,ive been out in your GTR when you taking me out in the MP4 :chuckle: looks like i have to have a holiday for a ride :)

Stephen

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wow that mp4-12c looks awesome. I'm one of the rare few that actually thinks the front end is better on the 12c than the new 650s

1 - 18 of 18 Posts