GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi as per title really I have what looks like oxidisation on the carbon fibre bit in the middle of the rear bumper some bits scrape of if rubbed with finger nail but some bits hard to get off.

Any one else got this problem?
What is it?
Ho do I get rid of it?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Slight hijack, but has anyone wired up the fog light to act as a brake light, reckon it would look niice with upper and lower brake lights :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi as per title really I have what looks like oxidisation on the carbon fibre bit in the middle of the rear bumper some bits scrape of if rubbed with finger nail but some bits hard to get off.

Any one else got this problem?
What is it?
Ho do I get rid of it?

thanks in advance

Ok images attached.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
the finish should be more satin than that it looks like someone has made a poor attempt at lacquering it to make it shiny

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the finish should be more satin than that it looks like someone has made a poor attempt at lacquering it to make it shiny
Hi Paul thanks for your comment the car is 63plate year 13 model so if someone has tried to lacquer it its at the factory or the dealer can't see them messing with it really. Looks like I need to take it back to them and have a whinge and a moan about it see what happens........

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
If the car was brand new then that would be my approach Rick.

Sounds like the others have suggested that its water under the clear coat and that should be rectified under warranty.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Maybe they tried making it shine with some sort of spray on cleaner that's had a bad reaction? Imagine what Nissan would charge to replace that diffuser, my guess would be around 2.5/3k possibly more lol.

But I imagine they'll just change it for you, the NHPC I use is pretty fair when it comes to getting things done.

Still think the elongated rear fog light would look great as a brake light. Might wire mine up :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just wondering, did you ever get a resolution to this? Mine is exactly the same (7 months old).

Thanks.
Hi Rob not had chance to take it in yet but there is obviously a problem as looks like two or three of us suffering mine is a my13 first registered approx october last year. I bought mine from Westway Manchester having seen the recent post about them considering taking it somewhere else. Middlehursts maybe. Just struggle for time :0(

·
Registered
243 Posts
Mine has done the exact same....11 months old

Nobles are waiting for a new one to come in, sometime is May is the estimate and is being replaced under warranty.....

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hi Rob not had chance to take it in yet but there is obviously a problem as looks like two or three of us suffering mine is a my13 first registered approx october last year. I bought mine from Westway Manchester having seen the recent post about them considering taking it somewhere else. Middlehursts maybe. Just struggle for time :0(
Id take it to Middlehursts and let them take a look. John told me those diffusers are big money so you may want to get there sooner rather than later to strengthen your case.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just to update this. I finally got around to taking the car in to my local dealer, Westway Manchester. Nissan have approved a new diffuser to be fitted, will report back when the part arrives and it's fitted.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Interesting post,i will have to keep an eye on mine,as i have a MY13 on a 14 plate,which is almost 2 months old.Not good on carbon fibre but least Nissan are replacing under warranty :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts