GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who was the white R33 headed clockwise around the M25 between Junctions of the M3 & M4?

I was barrelling along in the oppersite direction in my Black R33.

Rupert

·
Registered
1,193 Posts

Rupert,

Noticed a few changes in your avatar, i.e. 670+ R33 and the Scoob. You sold the Tuscan then and run ure beast in now???

Luke

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Answers to Questions...

Yes and yes!

Final power figure not yet available for the Skyline as it hasn't been run at 1.8bar. It’s producing a lot of power & torque very early on in the Rev range though. Picks up at 3500 rpm…

…Which is nice.

Tuscan was a real pile of shit and cost me a lot of money. Went completely tits up just as I was selling it - new gearbox, clutch and spaceframe bushes - all at only 10000 miles!!!!!!!

Decided to go back to good old Jap crap and got a P1!

Had a Subaru before and loved it - It's good to have one back again.

Saw the Skyline on Monday evening at around 6pm.

Rupert

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Tuscan pile of poop???

Was it realy that bad, I was thinking bout getting one. My mates got a Chimera and hasn't had any probs with that over the past year or so that he's had it.

Luke

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fun in a Tuscan...

I don't want to totally slate the Tuscan, I mean I did buy one in the first place, so there was some love there…

Around a track, the Tuscan was simply sublime. I actually went ripping around with a bunch of Skylines once and I truly believe it was out performing the majority of them there. It also looks fantastic – like the Batmobile – and is great fun to nosily turn up at places, or indeed, nosily depart! Don’t however, think you can use your Tuscan for an everyday car. You simply can’t. It’s the little things that piss you off, like:

- The way it bumps and crashes over any deformity in the road surface.
- The way it leaks when it rains, and you get a soaking floor pan.
- The way none of the panels really fit properly and some of them ‘pop’ off at high speed.
- The bloody electrics!!! The Speedo sometimes goes BACKWARDS and the HUD simply displays a load of flashing blocks. The doors sometimes also play tricks on you, get confused, and only open after the third button press (this tends to happen when it’s absolutely pissing down with rain).
- The way it makes worrying ‘bonking’ and ‘rattling’ noises.
- The way the gear stick came off in my hand when changing gear on the motorway forcing you to drive the rest of your journey (to the TVR garage again) in 3rd.
- The way NOTHING is covered by the crappy TVR Sprit warranty (apart from unbreakable things like a seatbelt).
- The way it tramlines and twitches like NOTHING I have ever been in above 130 mph.
- The way the in car air temperature approaches 200 degrees C whenever you drive it hard (this is coupled with the Air Con that constantly blows luke warm – Illustrated especially when the car is used in a warm climate – South of France and all involved suffer from heat stroke after a 2 hr drive)
- The way the interior trim peels off in aforementioned ‘warm climates’.
- The way the alarm likes to go off because a train passed 2 km away.
- And finally – the way the car has no ‘lights left on’ buzzer, and when your battery dies, you are effectively unable to do ANYTHING with the car, including getting the doors opened, until it has been returned to a TVR garage. Little surprise fact not illustrated in the manual: If the battery has been discharged, you can recharge by the use of an Anderson’s Cable. You cannot jump start the car with jumper cables because the cables from the Andersons Cable point on the underside of the car to the battery are not big enough to support the charge required to turn the engine and consequently the car almost sets on fire. You cannot of course access the battery directly as it is hidden under the unmoveable bonnet. You therefore have to spend a couple of hours charging the car before starting it. Very user friendly when stood in a British Rail car park with a flight to catch…

Get one if you dare!!!

Regards,

Rupert

·
Registered
466 Posts
Your so right!!!!

Hi Rupert,

I am one of the other unfortunates who in there wisdom spunked tons of money on a CRAP yes... CRAP tuscan!

I love TVR having had:

Chimera - Would buy again - Rover V8
Griff - Would buy again - as above
Cerbera - Fecking rude - would love to buy another but still spunked loads of wonga - didn't let me down!

TUSCAN - CRAP - DID LET ME DOWN - IN GARAGE FOR 6 out of 8 MONTHS owned for rest please see Rupert comments except i didn't get mine to the track it broke down 4 miles away (gear lever decided to leave gearbox) ITS SOLD :))))))

well thats it really

666 SKY

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not alone!!!

Joy oh joy!!! – There’s someone else out there that has experienced the wrath of a hastily assembled kit car. I’ve also heard exemplary reports on others TVR’s, I just don’t know how the Tuscan managed to be SO bad.

Oh, I forgot to mention the tiresome rear screen and accompanying squeaky, peeling seal that could hardly keep fog out let alone rain.

Bloody money pit!

Rupert

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
TVRs

I had 2 Chimaeras and I loved them and had virtually no problems at all, they also sounded great.

I ordered a Tuscan in April 1997 ie 5 years ago and still have a £1275 deposit on one, but won't be getting it, since they are so badly built and cost so much to own. I'm trying to get the deposit back, but I'll probably just walk away from it.....

Guy

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Now known as the TVR thread

So I guess the general concensus (sp) is if you want a TVR get a chimera??? But saying that my mate has just discovered his is losing (very small amount at the mo) water internally.
I like them but I just prefer the looks of the Cerbera and the Tuscan (still)

Luke

·
Registered
466 Posts
no no no..

Hi,

Tuscan = crap + badly built = expensive

My cerbera = mental speed + mental sound + mental looks = a lot of fun,bollocks shouldn't have sold it for the Tuscan!

But now got two skylines!

shit happens ;)

d
666 SKY

1 - 18 of 18 Posts