GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't decide whether it'd look fan-dabby-dozey to put some white 18" Rota GTRs (copies of the Nismo LM / TE37) on my silver R32 GT-R, or whether it'd look absolutely poo.

The long-term plan is a Bayside Blue respray (LONG term LOL) with white GTRs but am tempted to get the wheels soonish.

What're your thoughts then? Yes or no?

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
PMSL Sort of :p

I cleaned the AFMs & swapped 'em to test 'em, cleaned plugs & coils, replaced air filter, replaced leaking atmos BOV with recirc, changed a few settings on the idle page of the Power FC etc. etc. Came to the conclusion that it idles like a complete turd when cold and fine when warmed up properly (i.e. after a drive). Go figure...

Will address the problem in more detail at a later date. It runs ok for the moment so will leave it be until I have the funds to properly sort it. Have got a set of atmos Blitz BOVs and new fuel pump to fit, plus intend to cut out the silencer from my exhaust system and replace with straight through wide-bore s/steel pipe, so when that's done it'll need a remap I think...

Going back to the topic though, I dunno what to do about wheels. A set of 18" x 9.5 Rota GTRs are £840 and a lurrrve them :D Plans for the car are some Trust sideskirts, Veilside or DoLuck rear bumper, Do Luck front bumper, some sort of vented bonnet (probably one of Darkstar's vented Nismo-style ones) and a Bayside Blue respray. That's mucho wonga though so it's a fair way off at the mo. Could probably sell my current Advans for £6-700 to some drift nuts - probably on driftworks - so the realistic possibility of new Rotas is on the horizon. I love the Advans but fancy a change...

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Jim27 said:
Trust sideskirts, Veilside or DoLuck rear bumper, Do Luck front bumper, some sort of vented bonnet (probably one of Darkstar's vented Nismo-style ones) and a Bayside Blue respray
Bad pimpness.

Phil

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
In my minds eye that will look really, really bad.
As in terrible, not good at all bad.

BUT

As a respray is in the pipeline, it only matters if you can handle being a Pimpster lookalike for a while.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Therin lies the problem, I suspect :(

I could always get 'em in bronze but I'd then need to have them repainted in white when I have the respray... Or I could always get 'em in broing old silver...? Repainting alloys will be a good £2-300 which is worth bearing in mind too.

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
Or keep the car silver and get them in black.
That would look fan-bleedin-tastic.

Oh, and Darkstars bonnets are really, really cool.
Seen em up close and personal and well worth the effort in my opinion.
He's a good bloke too, which always helps.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well here's a rough (excuse the MSPaint butcher-job!) idea of what white GTRs would look like on the car.

Looks a little unmatched at the mo but there will be a bit of stickerage to go on as well. Maybe a carbon or vented bonnet & GT rear wing...?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hey - you nicked my wheels LOL :D

I have seen some really nice silver cars on white wheels (mainly EVOs and the like) and the 9.5 rotas are great IMO ;)

Bayside Blue is obviously the way to go though :D

Cheers :)

Rog

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL Busted!! Hehehe

Blue cars with white wheels and red cars with white wheels have always been a definite thumbs up - it's the whole silver car/white wheels that I wasn't sure of.

A full respray in Bayside Blue will be knocking around the £2k mark which is unattainable for the moment, but I love the motorsport image of white wheels...

Difficult. I'm developing a split personality as one minute I want Bayside Blue with white wheels, the next I want to keep it all silver with nice bodykit (skirts, front & rear bumpers, vented bonnet etc.) with a set of silver or chrome wheels, and next minute I want to go all 'circuit car' one it's ass :D

·
Registered
930 Posts
jim, how about a set of Ultralite Nur 755's? I just got a set in 18x10 complete with Toyo tyres for £1400 all in! I went for the polished lip with gold spokeoption but i reckon the polished lip, black spokes would look good on a silver car

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ho hum....

Have to say that I've been persuaded :( White wheels on silver car doesn't really cut the mustard unless it's a full-blown circuit car (which it isn't).

Sooooo.... bearing in mind that she'll be staying silver for quite a long time (am tempted to get the exterior styling sorted keeping it all silver and then possibly have a respray much further down the line).

Which d'you reckon - silver or bronze for a silver 32?

???

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I would go with the black option as well although the silver with the polished lip do look awesome in the flesh.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts