GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
What I want to know is who here bought their Skyline Brand-New and when did you buy it. I just thought it may be an interseting topic:)
If you didn't and you bought it 2nd hand, how much did you pay for yours?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I bought mine brand new, but I'm based in NZ. Cost here for my VSPEC II is $ 132,000 which figures out to be 37,000 quid ready to go.

It's not the same spec as the English new vehicle, but then I'm not keen on leather in a GTR anyhow, and I replaced the MFD with a V2 as soon as I got it anyhow.

I don't think you get the VSPEC II in the UK officially yet. It's the first new car I've owned.

Canman

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Certainly not bad saying its your first new car:)
I suppose it would do some good doing a little bit of grey importing just to get it cheaper:)
That isn't a bad price £37,000

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
and at the other end of the scale....

1992 GTR R32 £8500
would have run over 400 bhp at dyno day if it had not detonated. still needs some work doing to it but when finished will have been about £10k which is a bargain.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I just bought my R34 GTR V-spec II brand new. The car came out of the Nissan factory on May of 2001. It is also the first car that I ever purchase. My first car was my brother's old Celica.

I wish my GTR is £37,000! GTR in the U.S. cost a lot more :(

Jeff

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
We're very lucky with cars here in NZ. You can basically choose what you want and insure it quite easily too as long as you're not a complete twat with a bad history.

To give you an idea, my 2001 GTR, and my wifes 2000 Porsche Boxster costs the equivilent of.............um..........around 200-250 quid. Fully comp, with full glass cover, and roadside assistance. No trackers required, just needs to be alarmed with a good alarm.

Oh and only me and my wife can drive the cars...........I'm 26 and my wife is 29.

I know when I was in the UK, insurance on my Alfa Romeo was over 1500 quid, I was young then of course, but the car was only a 10th of the price and the performance of course was considerably less.

Of course the risk of getting it nicked is less in NZ !!! Less people and sheep don't hack cars very well !! :p

Fraser

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Just as a side topic, I've just converted some $'s to quid for you for Lancer Evo 7, brand spankers............. 21,000 quid..........how does that compare...????

Can't find the price for Subaru WRX as yet..........

Canman

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In the UK it isn't fair though because we get ultra rip-off prices.
£54,000 grand for an R34 GTR Brand-New.
Just like everything in the UK are bigger prices than the rest of the world:(

·
Registered
264 Posts
FWIW, I prefer the leather interior, I'm glad I've got the extra oil coolers, MFD2 etc, and I'm happy that my new Skyline came with a 3yr Nissan warranty.

And only a fool pays list price.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Imported One

R34 GT-t

Paid £44,500.00 brand new May 2000, with Nismo factory fitted exhaust (£1000's worth) and 3 year warranty.

Was going to get UK car but at the time weren't offering any discounts and on balance I was happier paying 9k less. Saying that have had to pay for oil cooler and MFD upgrade at around £1000 so that negated the Nismo exhaust.

With regards to the warranty issue, when I had my import 33 I did mention to Middlehurst about a warranty and they did say that I wouldn't need one as nothing goes wrong with 'em. True to form I'd say. Although, good idea for a thread.

glen

·
Registered
666 Posts
Pricey

Blimey Glen £445,000 pounds its shiny:D but not that shiny :mad:
Or was that decimal point in the wrong place?:smokin:

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
BRAND NEW

I DID NOT BUY MY SKYLINE NEW BECAUSE US PLUMBING AND HEATING ENG DONT MAKE BIG MONEY

KEITH:D

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
R34 GT-t,

Don't be mad about UK's prices, just to make you feel better, I paid £66,000 for my R34 GTR V-spec II in the U.S. And it doesn't come with any leather interior, MFD2, oil cooler, not even floor mats! Just a plain old V-spec II. And it is also £56,000 for the same car in Hong Kong. I think only Japan and NZ people can buy GTR for a cheaper price.

And I only get a 1 year warrenty, but as T9KYO said, it doen't matter, GTR doesn't break, unless you modify it greatly.

Canman, we are the same age, I am 25 and my girlfriend is 28.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Not true, I bet the Mclaren F1 is cheaper in the UK then anywhere else in the world.........I guess it doesn't matter......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts