GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

First thread posting on the forum so go easy on me for having little knowledge about these cars.

Currently own a 2007 RS4 Avant and am considering selling up and getting a GTR. Love everything about the car except the looks. I know it looks aggressive but I just don't love the shape of it.... well that's until I saw the picture below which I have nicked off one of the other threads and just love it. Who can tell me what all is different and who supplies the items in question ????

Good luck to all you lucky R35 owners !!!!!

Cheers !

Richard.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Yeah -if you visit iacoski.com, you'll see they are a "virtual tuner" - looks like they mock up graphic stuff for companies designing bodykits etc.

Richard - I guarantee that if you get an R35, you'll get to like the shape. I wasn't overly keen to start with but the more you look at it and drive it, the more beautiful it becomes. Do it!
Mick

·
Registered
94 Posts
My first post too, but I swapped out my 2007 RS4 for a GTR last week (been waiting 18 months for a Sat nav car). The car looks much better in the flesh than in pictures, so treat yourself, you won't regret it. And it's in a different league performance wise. If you like the look of the kits I have seen a bumper very similar and GTC can do a bonnet like that (carbon), so most of it is out there somewhere. The bits which really are mocked up are the wheel arches, sills and lower doors. None of which would make that much difference IMO.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had a succession of 7 RS4s (B5 and B7) before I jumped from Audi to my GT-R. There is no comparison to be made I'm afraid. GT-R is simply superb. I waited for a Sat Nav version and have no regrets whatsoever about leaving my Audis!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
First time poster here as well, I have also come from a family of Audi's (B5 S4, C5 RS6, B7 RS4 X 2, D2 S8, D3 S8) and now in the GT-R.

I have also had the M5 (E39 and E60 variants), and would also say the GT-R is in its own league. Just go for it, there is no comparison.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
I can wholeheartedly second the feelings above.

Go and see one in the flesh.

There is truly nothing like it on the road.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ohps..... Looks like I've made a fool of myself on the first post. How embarrassing !!!!! Thanks for all the kind words though.......

Has anyone changed their car in any way from standard ? Bigger wheels etc etc etc ? Would be interested to see what people has managed to do to make their car better. I'm now probably going to get a lods of replies saying the car is good as is, but just thought I'd ask....

Ricky !

·
Registered
556 Posts
The other day I was driving in my other car behind my friend driving my R35 back from the workshop. I have to say the car looks incredible on the move. Stationary, there is only 1 good view: rear 3 quarters, but in motion, it looks startling, squat and purposeful.

I have to say, the S4/S5 are gorgeous cars in their own right but they have a much more muted level of aggression compared to the R35.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ohps..... Looks like I've made a fool of myself on the first post. How embarrassing !!!!! Thanks for all the kind words though.......

Has anyone changed their car in any way from standard ? Bigger wheels etc etc etc ? Would be interested to see what people has managed to do to make their car better. I'm now probably going to get a lods of replies saying the car is good as is, but just thought I'd ask....

Ricky !
Bigger wheels!?? - You really need to go and see one in the flesh - the first thing anyone says when they see this thing is "Jesus, look at the size of those wheels!"

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had the pleasure of seeing the car when it was first released in Japan as I was over there on a course with work, and I know they are big mate, but its always the same where big boys toys are concerned.... someone always wants something 'more' or 'better' hence my reason for asking. Just thought someone may have spent something on their new pride and joy apart from the usual engine mods........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts