GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of a geek question this but it came up as a silly conversation, everyone recognises the rear end of a Skyline with its round light and we all know that its not the first car to have them , but who was Ferrari or Corvette..or anyone else for that matter? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol that doesn't count its only got one light.
Honest I aint no geek , I need to get out more but its hard with no car.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'm going to be wrong for sure, but I think Corvette really established FOUR significant round tail lamps with the Bill Mitchell 63 (though the 63 Skyline S50 also kinda had four round tail lamps, sort of), but I think the Dino really kicked it off with four biggies and Corvette bettered it untill it was mastered in the 32 ;)

Better a car geek than any other :)

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I'd be very surprised if anyone did it earlier than a 1961 Corvette... I believe this is the first motor-industry occurence of twin round rear lights... Happy to be wrong though as I'm always learning :)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Now where did i put my "who gives a fcuk" smilie?!

Lets refine, what kind of round lights? The ones on that corvette dont have separate centre sections, the latter skylines and latter corvettes did, so maybe we have to settle what a round tail light constitutes first!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I started the thread and danoh's on the right track, lets not make it to anal.
I'm regarding it as a styling Q , so the 61 corvette counts .

·
Registered
627 Posts
Rule Brittania

Ahhh, you got my head stuck on this. I remembered good old Lotus.....

1957 Lotus Elite, one of my all time favourites.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts