GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Self explanatry I suppose ????

gtsm and I went this year and loved it ! so wonderd if you lot wanted to go nxt year, I think at the mo the plan is.....

Leave wed eve from portsmouth (bout 5ish) and arrive some stupid time Thursday morning in Lemans ! so we can get pukka camping spot !

Then drink drink drink, sleep drink drink eat, go home Monday or Tuesday ?

Might book a villa nere by to crash (worng use of word!) at as getting out is a nightmere ! and sleep is optional !

We were in Masion Ruggge site and it seems to be the best place to be not to far from everything and nxt to the track !!

E.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bugger !

Look.... I wont take me micra anyway !
I might of sold it by then !

Y do i feel all alone out here ?????:(

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
me

im up for le mans next year

any more takers or too soon to say

the more the merrier

loads of tottie,fast cars oh and not to mention alcohol (well dont mention that just ask eyore)

come on someone must want to come

lee

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Dude

I tried to get sth like this underway early last year but it just turned into a thread about power, 0-60, my chopper is bigger than yours etc. U get the pic. I ended up going with the TVR Cerbera boys and we had an absolute scream.

did meet Jez down there from GTR.

One needs to be patient on this and maybe get sth underway early next year??

I am def up for Le Mans whatever as an annual pilgrimage!!

See you there, NLW

·
Registered
122 Posts
I did go three years on the trot, but havent had the time the last few years.

I would very much like to go again, and should be able to arrange cheap Eurotunnel tickets as well.

I always camp at Le Mans save the hassle of getting on and out, and I buy food and beer from the local supermarket about 5 mins away.

The first year I went, I managed to get through the woods and stand about 1 metre from the Mulsanne Barrier. Amazing site seeing the cars at 200MPH+.

I woudl go around Wednesday, then you can see the daytime qualifying, the Thurday evening qualifying, and pit walkabout on Friday. I normal leave on Monday or Sunday evening.

Leigh

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awww fanks Guys

Well im not alone at long last !

tahnks for your support and mabey we can get the WHOLE skyline club down there !!!! just to look the part !

any more takers then, I know its eairly but i just wanted to get the ball rolling !! (and you lot thinkin !)

brum brum vrooomm vrooomm, etc (make your own SFX here !)

E

·
Registered
7 Posts
Leigh,

I was at LeMans this year - hoping to be able to get as close as you did to the cars on the Mulsanne Straight, but alas, they've stopped that after the Merc 'flipped' a few years ago.

The pub half way along the Staight has now been shut during race times - it is, however open at all other times, with LOTS of police with speed cameras too!!!!!!!

A trip down there still sounds like a great idea though.

Si

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
le mans

Wow what a site all the skylines off the forum

definetly up for trip down

lee

·
Registered
558 Posts
Le Mans 2003

Went this year and defo going next!
Red parking next to the track but must send someone early with posts and barrier tape to set up campsite for all the crew!Supermarket within walking distance! Go for it!Who can organise group crossing at low cost?
Regards ,
Ross.

·
Registered
234 Posts
have to agree with..

mr welch. It is an annual pilgrimage for a lot of us, just happens that we all tend to go seperately! I go via the chunnel on thursday and stay at the airport (getting too old). Met up with a great bunch of geordies last year - two 360s, two M3s and a GT2. Trouble is, most of us go by different routes and, once there, the effect of a diet of crisps and kronenbourg stubbies is that it is very difficult to get one's act together and meet up. It'd be great to go down with a convoy next year - esp thru all those tunnels in Rouen:D
sammy

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well last year gtsm and I went to pourtsmouth, and down from there on wed eve and got to LeMans by Thursday morn(11:00ish)

Not as many police and camras but lots of nice long straight roads !! throu little villages, that was quite nice, as for cost I cant rember but gtsm will shure tell me !

but i agree with Ross a large aerea needs to b cordend off for us all, Large tent, genrator, Pool with beer in ! more tents. etc etc

so after we know numbers 1 or 2 of us could go down and slect an aera for us and hold fort until the rest arrives !

we should meet in the UK first and talk round a pub table, to put the plan together .....

E.

"Dont you love it when a plan comes together" - Mr H Smith, The A Team.:p

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
le mans

Hi all

Should meet up in pub here first

we will probably go wed am crossing and get there early to corden off area then we are covered saw a gtr last year in champion but was only one,need to get skyline boys (and girls )
down there all together like tvr boys

pool,beer,barbie and totie !!

lee

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Went in 2001

for me first time and really enjoyed it (even with all that bloody rain.)

I'm all up for a convoy but like Sammy am getting old so need the comforts of a Hotel.

Plus I HATE boats so the Chunnel's cool for me.

Yeah perhaps get this rolling around Jan/Feb time.

glen

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good thinkin Bat man

Well I just wanted to get the ball rolling.... and at least its in every1s mind now so ill remind you all xmas time and everymonth from there !!!!!

I think Ill be going down eairly then and cordening a V.V. large aera for you lazy buggers.... my m8 from works mum has just bought a place nere LeMans Ill find out more details....It could be the Skyline Hotel for that week !!!! and cheeper to ! I think he said there is barn so the cars can hide in there, away from french peering eyes !!!!

Ill let you all know more as and when I do !

E

·
Registered
961 Posts
iam interested but i am not allowed to drive on anything but uk roads for another year so i cant drive,(damm) there but could meet ppl when there sort of thing

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm definitely going and am in the process of organising a fairly substantial convoy. Should be about 8-10 cars - all quick ones.

If you want to meet up with NWelch just hang around the stripper tent for 10 minutes or so ;)

Would love to meet up with the skyline boys down there or join a bigger convoy if you organise one.

Jez

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
young jeremy

I do believe it was you that was there....admittedly we were on our way!! :D

Am up for organising sth so let's get it underway.
NLW

1 - 20 of 46 Posts