GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
WELL,

IF THERE IS JAS, BRING IT ON AND I'LL TURN UP THE BOOST AND RUN PROPER POWER AT 2.2 BAR, NO OF THIS 1.5 PANSY STUFF:D :smokin:

·
Registered
346 Posts
LOl I was running 0.8 Bar!

I think to get 450BHP from a GTS would cost so much you could have bought 2 x GTR`s!!!!

Steve

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
How come 329.7bhp @ the wheels = 450bhp @ the fly on a RWD GTS, surely it would be more like 400bhp? Obviously there is more boost to come so I'm not saying it can't do 450bhp!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
BHP

Yes - 400bhp at crank would be more like it on a rear wheel drive car.

Most rwd cars have about 15% power losses, so 400bhp at engine would be about 340 at wheels.

It's the wheel power that counts and 340 is still a lot. Also the GTS is lighter.

The car should be capable of scaring quite a few GTRs.

Guy

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
YEP

NOT SURE WHAT THE FLYWHEEL FIGURE WOULD BE AS WE ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN WHEEL POWER REALLY, NOT GOING FOR FLY FIGURES AS THEY ARE NOT ACCURATE FROM WHAT IVE SEEN/ CAUSE SPECULATION AND ARGUMENT AND POWER MEASURED THERE IS ABOUT AS HANDY AS AN ASHTRAY ON A MOTORBIKE, ONLY GOOD FOR BANTERING FULL FIGURES ABOUT BUT THE FLYWHEEL FIGURE ALWAYS SOUNDS MUCH MORE IMPRESSIVE SO ITS NICE TO HAVE A BALLPARK.

TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA, THE CAR RAN 275BHP AT THE WHEELS ON 1.2 BAR AND 330 AT 1.5 SO YOU DO THE MATH'S AT 2.2:)

YES DAZ YOU ARE RIGHT, ITS FICKING SCAREY AND EXTREMELY FRIGHTENING TO DRIVE ON FULL POWER AND ANYWHERE OVER 5000RPM WHEN THE TURBO SAYS' OK YOU WANT AIR DO YA, THERE YOU GO, THERES A TORNADO FOR YOU TO GET IN AND OUT OF THE BORES, SEE HOW YOU LIKE THAT! ' AND THE REPLY FROM THE BORES IS, 'OK, COME ON THEN, GIVE TO ME, YOU THINK THATS ENOUGH DO YA, COME ON, MORE YOU BIG SNAIL, MORE! '

ANY SO IT GOES ON ETC ETC - WHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOSSSSHHH

ITS JUST AN ON GOING ARGUMENT INSIDE THE ENGINE WHICH TURNS INTO A RIOT:D

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
How does the power delivery compare to your R34 ? Obviously it's gonna have much less traction, but what's the "kick" like ?

Must be "interesting" jumping from one car to the other.

Daz

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
WORRIED?

MOI? NAHHHH.

IF YOU'VE GOT SOMETHING BETTER JAS, WHAT IS IT THEN?:p

NAME THE PLACE AND TIME AND I WILL GET IT THERE, WHO CARES ABOUT 2.2 BAR, IF IT DONT MAKE THE POWER I'LL GIVE IT 3BAR UNTIL THE PISTONS COME FLYING OUT THRU THE BONNET, ITS ONLY A GTS AFTER ALL:p IF IT BLOWS UP I'LL BIN IT WITH MY WEEKLY RUBBISH COLLECTION DUSTBIN MEN, MAY HAVE TROUBLE FITTING IT IN MY WHEELY BIN THOUGH:)

HAVE YOU GOT SOMETHING MORE POWERFUL THEN OR NOT?:)

PS. I AM JOKING GTS BOYS;)

DAZ, ITS NOTHING LIKE A GTR IN ANY WAY, MORE OF A COMPARISION IS IF YOU IMAGINE RIGHT, THE BFG ( BIG FREINDLY GIANT ) WITH HIS THUMB ON THE BOOT, EVERY NOW AND THEN HE FLICKS THE CAR WHILST AT THE SAME TIME WOBBLING THE BACK END A FEW FEET FROM LEFT TO RIGHT, THATS WHAT ITS LIKE AND YOUR INSIDE HOLDING THE STEERING WHEEL THINKING ' FCUK' EVERYTIME HE FLICKS YOU OVER 5000RPM.

PS. THIS CAR IS THE GT ART LANDSLIDE.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
AH OK

THOUGHT IT WOULD BE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, PLUS THE FACT THAT IF YOU HAVE GOT MORE POWER THE CHANCES OF YOU DRIVING THE THING IN A STRAIGHT LINE TO THE DYNO IS PRETTY SLIM:p

BLADE - EACH SERIES OF TUNE HAS A DIFFERENT SPEC TITLE, YOU SHOULD SEE THE EARTHQUAKE!, NOT NAFF, IT DOES EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS ON THE TIN:D

SO, IM OFF TO COOK DINNER, MIXED GRILL TONIGHT CARE OF YOURS TRULY, FEW CIDERS, GET READY FOR ' THE OFFICE' WHICH IS ON TV AT 10 TONIGHT ( A MUST WATCH ), MAYBE GET LUCKY AS WELL, SO SORRY, NO COMPETITION HERE IN ANY WAY, ADIOS AMIGOS, KEEP TRYIN, HEHE.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts