GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i.e. ones with proper ducting all the way to the centre of the disc?

I think Password:JDM were building one, but the exterior design was a bit radical.

What about Mine's or someone else?

Stillen? Auto Select?

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
i.e. ones with proper ducting all the way to the centre of the disc??
No one does. Thats just usually real race car stuff. The problem with the R35, and R32, R33, R34 before it is a front mounted caliper and all wheel drive.

If you look at the Group A R32, they flipped the caliper to the rear, so they could get good ducting to cool the brakes back in 1990.

You have to go up, over and around lots of spinny, moving things, and it don't always go well.

2009 Nissan GT-R: A Couple of Interesting Things From Buttonwillow Trackday

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
All this bling bling ducting is not working.......you need some proper amounts of air to cool brakes down,not just air from a 40mm pipe which is bent 5 times.....no airspeed,no cooling

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Sean is right. password jdm have a simple design similar to the shadow sports. There lip doesn't look that aggressive at all and the ducts are below the lip.

Stillen have a unique cooling pack which includes a fan for standing traffic. Its not going to release until they release there carbon ceramic ap brake package.

Hks kansii offer a air guide that attaches to the lca to guide air to the brake system simular to the zr1 design... But its not been tested yet.

The autoselect lip u have to run your own hardware to the brakes but they have the holes for the setup.

Password jdm says they are working on a pro cooling pack that should have some sort of backing plate. I dunno for sure.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The answer to this should finally be forthcoming shortly. For those that didn't know, Litchfield Imports are going to be producing a carbon splitter with proper high pressure brake ducting developed in conjunction with an F1 parts designer/manufacturer. At least that's what Iain says! :D

If it does what it says and has ducting right to the hub, I'm in!

Having said all that, has anyone with a decent set of discs, pads and fluid actually managed to get serious fade on a track day?
Better cooling will undoubtedly greatly aid pad longevity as well as disc, bearing and piston boot wear, but I haven't heard of anyone having to come in due to unmanageable brake overheating.

The tyres will go before the brakes IME.

But anything that can help the brakes last longer is a very good idea of course.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts