• Tomei

Votes: 151 23.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm certain they are:), but interested in the results and opinions of those in the know too. It's no doubt that there's people on the forum with amazing knowledge of many things, so thought it was a good discussion point. After all, it is a crucial part of the internals.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Having done a quick internet search of those companies it seems only HKS and Tomei do them for the RB25DET :confused:

If you've got a GTR or 200sx then you're fine by the looks of it or am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
No because you just go to JE & they make them to your spec :D

JE for me - if they are good enough for whatever a top fuel drag car makes bhp wise (4000 or 5000 at a guess?) then they are good enough for my car at a fraction of the power :)

·
Registered
923 Posts
JasonO said:
I think your missing the obvious, I may be wrong but I believe the RB26 pistons are a direct swap for the RB25 pistons. :D
Isn't the compression ratio different for GTR/GTST pistons?

·
Registered
554 Posts
JasonO said:
I could be talking complete pants, but I think the difference in compression is down to the stroke length of the crank, not the actual piston design.
The pistons are different, but yes, as Jason says, the Crank and rods are different and give the GTR a longer throw....

I was told a while back that HKS were made by JE...

Havent voted on the poll Dan. As long as they aren't Wiseco ;)

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
AFAIK, HKS make their own pistons. Dom's quick to their defence I see, and he did work for them :)
Cosworth make JUN, that's no secret, you've only gotta look in a JUN book or I'd guess it's probably on their website too somewhere (without looking).

Piston comp can be changed by simply dishing the top slightly, or more than slightly.

1 - 20 of 216 Posts