GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if my cambelt has been done, but there is a sticker on the cam cover which is in Japanese. It has a mileage written on it too, so guessing its when the cambelt was done???

Here are some pics (not the best)

Would be really grateful if someone who can read Japanese could save me getting it done!

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
The problem is your photography, not the writing so much!!!
The top line says. "Timing belt Replacement. XXXX (Four characters too blurry to read.)
The middle line says "Please change the timing belt every 100,000 kms.
The bottom line says "Distance covered at time of T/B replacement /______ km. Dated yr/m ____________ "

but I can't see if any writing has been inserted in the blanks??? It looks blank to me... but... if there's anything actually written there, your belt has been changed. :confused:

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
PS The wife thinks the 4 characters in brackets top right just say "Seibi Kiroku" which means "Service Log". :)

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thrust said:
The problem is your photography, not the writing so much!!!
The top line says. "Timing belt Replacement. XXXX (Four characters too blurry to read.)
The middle line says "Please change the timing belt every 100,000 kms.
The bottom line says "Distance covered at time of T/B replacement /______ km. Dated yr/m ____________ "

but I can't see if any writing has been inserted in the blanks??? It looks blank to me... but... if there's anything actually written there, your belt has been changed. :confused:
:D sorry mate, the best i could do. In the blanks it says 96212 kms and 12 then character and 9 then the last character.

thanks

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Your belt was changed at that kilometrage in Sept of 2000! (9th month of Heisei 12...) Congratulations. :smokin:

Your car will have done a few more miles since then, I expect! :p

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thrust said:
Your belt was changed at that kilometrage in Sept of 2000! (9th month of Heisei 12...) Congratulations. :smokin:

Your car will have done a few more miles since then, I expect! :p
cheers mate. the odo says 79243 miles. done approximately 5k miles a year for the last 4 years (well thats wat it says on the mots anyway!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts