GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
Joined
·
31,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother need's his DTA powered 2 litre Punto/coupe mapped, and his normal guy is tied up for ages.

I know someone on here is the Skyline mapping god, but can he do DTA?

mook
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
Mookistar said:
My brother need's his DTA powered 2 litre Punto/coupe mapped, and his normal guy is tied up for ages.

I know someone on here is the Skyline mapping god, but can he do DTA?

mook
is his the blue one with writing across it sideways? I know your from my ways and i saw this car when we had the Essex Mini Meet a few months ago
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,201 Posts
The blue one with the writing on his probably my cousins car, he is running DTA also but 1.4, 284hp and seems to be causing a stir with everyone at the moment :D

Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Faz Choudhury said:
is his the blue one with writing across it sideways? I know your from my ways and i saw this car when we had the Essex Mini Meet a few months ago
i know the car in question, its gun-metal grey, with i believe lancia alloys on, apart from that, unless its changed, looks pretty much like a std punto gt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,588 Posts
tweenierob said:
The blue one with the writing on his probably my cousins car, he is running DTA also but 1.4, 284hp and seems to be causing a stir with everyone at the moment :D

Rob
Suprised the hell out of me!! Great car. Did you have any thing to do with the mapping Rob??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,201 Posts
Its quite a handful, torque steering little bugger :D

Rob
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
31,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
his is the gunmetal one on grale' alloys. should be good for 300-350bhp once mapped

anyone?

mook
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
GTB said:
i know the car in question, its gun-metal grey, with i believe lancia alloys on, apart from that, unless its changed, looks pretty much like a std punto gt.
i meant the blue fiat coupe thing (designed by Ferarri) in and around the Gants Hill/Ilford area from time to time with something written diagonally across the each side of the car
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
31,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow, that punto ran a 13.6 yesterday. not bad for a 1.4. well done Rob!

mook
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,201 Posts
It was a late night the night before, ended up fitting a set of standard skyline injectors, by the time i had wired in the resistor pack and 'made' the injectors fit it was midnight... Think we pulled it off the dyno at 2am :S

Good result and hoping we can improve with some decent tyres, them nexens (sp) are worse than remoulds :D 2.8 60ft gotta be improved on :D

Rob
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
31,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Genuinly excited at what Rob will be able to do with my brothers Punto. hopefully gonna be wild!!!

Mook
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
31,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BLIMEY!

290 bhp at the wheels!!

that'll do for FWD!!

well done Rob

mook
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,201 Posts
293.6hp to be precise ;)

I knew it was gonna be good when it made 220 atw @ 8psi :D

You been out in it yet? crazy car!!

Cheers

Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,029 Posts
Cracking result.......amazing what the tweenie touch does!!.......pmsl
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
31,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rob,

update for you

he got a new turbo from Owens, fitted it thursday night


drove to germany on friday

had it off the clock in belguim

cooked his brake son his first lap of the ring

split his oil filter and ran 275 degree f oil temps on the second lap

exhaust fell off on his third lap

and his alternator packed up on the way home


but

all the scary, important engine stuff was perfect


**** me, thats an impressive machine


we saw 150mph on the finish straight and off the clock means close to 160mph!!!!!


insane!

mook
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
31,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rob,
just so you know, greg ran a 13.0 at the pod on saturday.

could have gone quicker but it was packed and he only got 3 runs

all at only 1 bar ;)

well chuffed

mook
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,201 Posts
Missed the last post Mook,

Great to hear mate, gutted i didnt get over to the pod as i missed a few cars i wanted to see run :(

That car is something else man!!!

Rob
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top