GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a near-miss at Dunsfold on Saturday when the wind blew my bonnet off the OEM strut and the bonnet slammed down trapping the strut against the headlight, I am after a decent but well-priced pair of damper struts.

No cheapo units that need modification to fit and obviously they have to be more than powerful enough to keep the bonnet open even in windy conditions.

Too often we come into the pits on track days and need to cool our engine bays down, so the OEM metal stick is a bit of a joke.

Rexspeed usually supply reasonable quality stuff and their struts look good and have good reviews on NAGTROC, but does someone supply similar over here? GTR R35 Carbon Hood Dampers Rexpeed-Premium Carbon Fiber for your Evolution

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I recall when i looked into struts, UK cars will have a problem with the pedestrian safety rams

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know this reply is a little bit late but I sell the Rexpeed carbon bonnet dampers:

Rexpeed Nissan GT-R Carbon Bonnet Dampers -

Cheers

Rick
Hehe, yeah I just had my Rexspeed ones installed by Robbie yesterday!
Reading the mixed reports on cheaper ebay versions here, the Rexspeed ones are definitely the ones to go for. Absolutely zero fitment issues according to Robbie, no fabrication, no modification, they just bolt straight on. No interference with the pedestrian protection system in fitment (don't know about deployment and hope to never find out!).

Struts are easily strong enough to support the bonnet, but don't prevent it from shutting easily when needed.

I had my brother bring mine over from the States, but if you can sell these for a good price in the UK, they are highly recommended.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I've ordered a set from carbon goodies top notch service and can't complain about the price either :thumbsup: now all I need is the postman knocking on my door :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've ordered a set from carbon goodies top notch service and can't complain about the price either :thumbsup: now all I need is the postman knocking on my door :D
Thanks for the kind words iffy.

Yours should be landing with me any day now. Once they arrive they will be sent straight out to you.

I also ordered another couple of sets at the same time so snap these up while you can guys.

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Thanks for the kind words iffy.

Yours should be landing with me any day now. Once they arrive they will be sent straight out to you.

I also ordered another couple of sets at the same time so snap these up while you can guys.
Cool, just put an order in for a set:)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Cool, just put an order in for a set:)
Thanks very much for the order, I'll get them straight out as soon as they arrive.

I've also had another order come straight in after yours so that's both sets gone.

I think I'll order a few more sets of these then guys.

If anybody wants to get their name down it will give me a much better idea on how many to order.

Cheers

Rick

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
I bought a set from the US via e-bay, after a very frustrating day and stripped threads they ended up in the bin!

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought a set from the US via e-bay, after a very frustrating day and stripped threads they ended up in the bin!
Exactly and I read many similar threads so gave up with the idea for a while, but then my bonnet blew off the catch of the OEM strut whilst I was cooling the engine down at Dunsfold, narrowly avoiding damaging anything, so I then decided pneumatic struts were essential.

I've bought Rexspeed stuff before so were hopeful theirs would be better than the ebay cheapos and thankfully they are.
Robbie from Valet Magic installed them for me and said they went straight on with no issues.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks very much for the order, I'll get them straight out as soon as they arrive.

I've also had another order come straight in after yours so that's both sets gone.

If anybody wants to get their name down it will give me a much better idea on how many to order.

Cheers

Rick
Hi Rick
Can you put me down for a set please.
Let me know if you need payment up front.
Thanks
Neil

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts

Cheers

Rick
Hi Rick,

Any news on the delivery for these?
thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi Rick,

Any news on the delivery for these?
thanks
I got a missed parcel note today which I need to pick up on Monday. I'm expecting that parcel to be the 3 sets of bonnet dampers. I'm planning on going in the morning and getting them out in the afternoon.

Cheers

Rick

·
Registered
198 Posts
Ok I collected the first 3 sets today and they have gone out by Royal Mail Special Delivery, so they should be with you guys before 13:00 tomorrow.

I will be placing the order for the next batch tonight so if anybody wants to jump on this then the time is now. Usually we are looking at around 7-10 days for delivery to me once ordered, as long as they have them all in stock.

Cheers

Rick

·
Registered
797 Posts
Got my set delivered today :clap: haven't had time to open the packaging yet will hopefully fit them tommorow

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Excellent received mine today too, just fitted them, all straight forward, no cutting or drilling necessary.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts