GTR Forum banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Mine fitted perfectly and only two cut fingers and three minutes of swearing. If I can do it a five year old probably can.

Look fabulous and lift bonnet from about a foot open. Highly recommended and very decent price and swift service.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Mine fitted perfectly and only two cut fingers and three minutes of swearing. If I can do it a five year old probably can.

Look fabulous and lift bonnet from about a foot open. Highly recommended and very decent price and swift service.
Thanks for the kind words Rog.

I've ordered more today although they only had 7 sets so I've ordered all they have. There will be more after that but I just took everything they had for now.

I would expect to see them in around 2 weeks time.

Cheers

Rick

·
Registered
248 Posts
Big thanks to Rick at Carbon Goodies for the supply of my bonnet struts,they fitted perfectly,proper factory look I think.
I don't know if anyone else did this at the time of fitting theirs but I put a small amount of clear silicone sealant under the bracket which bolts to the inner wing to stop potential water ingress and rust. Just a tip anyway.
Brilliant product though,should defo be a factory fitted item.
Cheers Dave.

·
Registered
280 Posts
bonnet damper struts

If you have a photobucket acc, upload and crosslink the the image tags (photobucket will tell you [image] blah blah [\image], or you can try the upload image up just above this text box, yellow icon with a small mountain/sun.

Else ping them over to me via email, will get them added.
Cheers
Hi could you advise did you leave the old bonnet rod on the car after the damper mod. Very good pictures

·
Registered
198 Posts
Ok guys the delivery arrived this morning.

For all you guys who ordered them they went out this afternoon so you should be seeing them tomorrow.

I do have a couple of sets left over if anybody would like a set.

Cheers

Rick

·
Registered
888 Posts
My struts arrived today from Carbon Goodies :clap:

Any tips on fitting greatly appreciated...?

Should I be putting a barrier between ALL the metal fixing plates? If so, any suggestions on what, i.e. a thing layer of rubber or maybe silicone like kitchen sealant etc?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi I would think it would be a good idea to place a barrier between dissimilar metals to prevent moisture causing corrosion, I used a tape for this purpose...

·
Registered
888 Posts
Cheers Rick, the bonnet lifters arrived promptly:thumbsup:

Fitted them today & they look great!
I haven't overtightened the wing bolts, as mentioned. So I'll be checking them in a week or two.
I actually removed both carbon-composite panels to gain access to the wing bolts, as I just couldn't push them far enough out the way to get to it!!

61 - 80 of 80 Posts