GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MY12 550 is due an upgrade to Stage 4 620/650. (not at any stage atm)

Who is deserving of my well earned coin?

Who is more reliable?

Litchfield?
ACspeedtech?

Both of these company's i've never dealt with, or Nissan themselves?

Needing your thoughts, opinions and experiences.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
I have the my12 and stage4 done by Litchfield,110% he seems to be most peoples choice
Not quite sure how you figure that out?? There's tons of very well respected tuners who have looked after a ton of owners cars on here. I would suggest the OP's gives a few a call and discuss what he is looking for and perhaps do some research on some.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
I have many friends with GT-Rs we all had work done by Litchfield were all 110% happy....

THATS HOW I FIGURED THAT OUT....!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
So you and your mates had work done and that equates to 'most peoples choice'.....well done!

YOU ARE A CLEVER CHAP IF YOU FIGURED THAT OUT BY YOURSELF.....

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Stevie76 grow yourself....up....!

The question was "who is more reliable?"
Lichfield or acspeedtech.....no mention of svm

Couple to many Stella,I understand...you are forgiven....

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Stevie76 grow yourself....up....!

The question was "who is more reliable?"
Lichfield or acspeedtech.....no mention of svm

Couple to many Stella,I understand...you are forgiven....
Read it again.......and learn how to quote properly as you have missed the first question the OP asked.

I would also suggest a quick English course as that first attempt at a dig is pretty poor chap.....give it another go and see if you can do better second time around!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Litchfield

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
I am not on here to argue with some silly troll,the question was clear to me,the reply was my opinion and I stand by what I said....

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I wouldn't say Stevie is a troll, good guy IMO.

But tbh I think you should be having your handbag fight it someone's thread.

To the OP you can't go wrong with any of the tuners on here

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
I am not on here to argue with some silly troll,the question was clear to me,the reply was my opinion and I stand by what I said....
Oh shame I had high hopes for you there.....hopefully future posts get better!

OP.....you will find a load of threads on this type of question but most people stick to one tuner so you rarely get 'objective' feedback from individuals who have experienced more than one.

I myself have used SVM, Litchfields, SRD and Whiffbitz at various points have had had great service from them all. SVM and Litchfields are my 2 closest tuners and of the two I prefer SVM. As per an earlier post i would give a few a call and discuss exactly what you are looking for and you can make a choice from there. I would always recommend trying more than one so you can experience what they have to offer and appreciate the differences. Ultimately you wont go wrong with any of the main tuners as all now very experienced with the 35's.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
My 2p's worth.

Given what you want is little more than a few ancilliaries and some boost then it may be more pertinent to look at this geographically, as most the good tuners should be able to accomplish what you want without any kind of problem.

You may want to consider things like what ecu access you use for future mods (and trust me, even if you dont think it now there almost certainly will be future mods lol) - lots of people have gone ecutek only to then decide that syvecs gives them other features further down the line thus wasting a couple of thousand for example. This may have some bearing on who you get to do the work or map it.

You may want the added security a big tuner like SVM or Litchfields give as far as warranty goes, or maybe get the work done via Middleshursts or an HPC with a tuner affiliate that then has Nissan warranty backup.

Also think about gearbox and other software and whether you have had any of the known faults and recalls all done before starting mods so there can be no finger pointing when turning up with a genuine problem and a now recently modded car.

J.

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
To the OP you can't go wrong with any of the tuners on here
I'd disagree with that.

Bad reviews have a habit of being suppressed and I suspect every tuner has had unhappy customers.

There's a great saying that says: You don't know what you don't know.

My vote goes to litchfield, but Iain himself had to earn my trust and did that by being consistent across many platforms over more than a decade. I suspect if you surveyed owners on here, as a company litchfield would have the most gtr tuning experience on here (measurable in ecutek licenses very easily). He's also supported and developed products with the same great tuning brands from the beginning and now others are jumping on the bandwagon.

Eg. Ecutek is now very much at the forefront, Alcon brakes, they developed the pilot supersport with Michelin, they were using ASNU literally three years before everyone else decided they were the best option.

I think they innovate best. They have worked with oem manufacturers to produce their Bilstein and Eibsch suspension and recently were the first in the world to put Borg Warner efr turbos into a gtr.

These are just my reasons for liking them. They've recently tuned Robb Huff,the touring car world champion's car, and I gather he's happy with the modifications made. I also know that a lot of his products have been developed with the help if great minds in the F1 industry, and it shows in the final products.

So, that's my bias out of the way, I'm also a fan of Antony at indigo gt, he's one of the nicest guys you'll ever deal with and has been doing this for years.

I've not dealt with SVM, but you can't deny the performance barriers they've broken through, constantly bringing drag times down and top speeds up - they're a very dedicated team.

For mapping alone, Ben Linney has plenty of experience and then there's the very well respected Ryan G, who is directly involved with the production of the syvecs ecu which controls all the very fastest gtrs in the world but is also more than capable of mapping any platform, including Cobb and ecutek.

Then look through at the quality of both builds in the projects section done by SRD. Also established and very capable. The pictures alone show you their level of attention to detail.

In short most can do what you need. Sone better than others, but the best way to decide is read a lot of posts. Starting a thread is just going to get fanboys (including me) to post - pick who I picked.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
That's a bit of a 50/50 call, I don't doubt that some bad reviews aren't posted up. But On the other had there is cases when a bad review has been put up before the tuner has a chance to sort the issue out.

Most cases I've seen if there is an issue then the tuner is more than happy to help. In regards to who's the most reliable it's a tricky one.

I'm with you Adam, litchfield gets my vote. I bent Iain's ear on the phone for 6 month about which tuning route to go down and is a wealth of knowledge.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts