GTR Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
I have used GTC, SVM and Litchfield - Iain Litchfield is head and shoulders above the other two I mentioned...quality service, tuning and not a pushy salesman...warranty a big plus as well and also look at the fact that Nissan trust their academy cars to Iain and a world touring car champion and F1 drivers and team owners!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
This is why car clubs are such a good idea,
I'm in the same position at the moment, car bog standard,, 2012 car with y piece,,
Will be making my mind up in the next few weeks who get my money,
As said it depends on what you want out of the tune,
I'm after less black soot and more BHP/torque but still within the standard internals parameters,
There sound be some nice deals coming up for Christmas I hope,
Goldie,

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
At that level of tune you're spoilt for choice really as it's essentially bolt on mods with a remap.

I personally went with Litchfield as i was a fan of the professionalism of Iain and the team and based that on a lot of research on here.

I have also used JMimports and can't fault the service there either.

Ecutek at the moment would be the software of choice imo. As bladerider says if you are planning future mods and going for a big power build syvecs is worth considering. Very expensive compared with the ecutek but would not need upgrading again in the future.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Litchfield my vote, knowledge of product since uk launch, well staffed reasonable prices and have warranty on their work. good feedback on forum.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Gosh both of you grow up. :chuckle:

IMO yes the guy never mentioned SVM but its hardly a bad choice to offer is it?

Look SVM and Litchfield are both great choices and are the companies that seem to be dominating the tuning scene for GTR's at the moment so you cannot go wrong with either.

I would say Litchfield stick the OEM feel and drive approach and SVM go more with the race car loud and proud approach but either you would be happy with it just depends on the approach you would like to take for your GTR. They both make a fast car faster :D

The other company I personally have never heard of so cannot comment but this does not mean they are no good either.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks for everyone's help here, even the bickering was helpful, getting better knowledge would be lost without it :)

It seems 2 celebrities have been praised but also other company's i've never heard of have come to light. I'm more the wiser now and will go from here.

Thanks for all your help chaps

3,663 Posts
Andy & ACSpeedtech, great guy, awesome mapper great prices.

3,663 Posts
Or us @ Abbey Motorsport. We have an in house Dynapack and can tune EcuTek Cobb and Uprev.

I think you find there is only us Abbey and Andy @ AC Speedtech that have in house dyno's.

Mark

21 - 30 of 30 Posts