GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just ordered the above..

I was wondering how long it took you to install and set it up ?
I think the installation looks fairly normal, but the different bits to program look a bit daunting in the instruction booklet ( I downloaded from apexi.com...)

any feedback ?

also does anyone use the scramble boost function or do you rely on the gear based learning to set up the higher boost levels ?

It has to be the coolest looking gadget for a skyline apart from the MFD for the 34.

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
840 Posts
I would also like to know this, as they are the best u can buy apparently. Where did u get ur's? and how much?(if u don't mind me askin) I'll probably be after 1 within the month.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ordered it from abbey should be around the 400 +vat mark I think..

don't know for sure yet as it is being shipped over from Japan.

I have seen a few of them cheap on E-bay and other people offering them about but I want to have the dealer back up.

I downloaded the instructions and they seem fairly comprehensive but I can see a weekend of pushing buttons to get it just right...

/Steve

·
Registered
380 Posts
AVC-R

I have fitted an AVC-R to my R32 i takes about two and a half hours to fit but can take a long time to set up on the road (Mega petrol bill!!!).I dont use the gear based settings because you dont need to use this with 4WD cars as you dont get wheelspin you would use this on a RX7TT to get a lower boost in 1St & 2Nd gear to stop wheelspin.I can help you with where to plum in the vacum pipe for the boost solenoid valve if you get stuck.Anyway dont worry mate once youve got the setting up sorted its easy.....if you cant get the boost setting correct i can tell you my settings i find it hard to keep the same boost pressure throughout the rev range it tends to go up and down as the revs go up i think this is because of twin turbos.If you have a single turbo you can set the boost at 1Bar you get 1 Bar from 3000rpm all the way up.Im changing to a single turbo so im not bothered about this problem anymore....If theres any more questions you want to ask me let me know i have had my AVC-R for 3 years know Its been on my Lancer Evo before thats how i know about the boost problem because the Evo is Single turbo and it worked perfect.

Thanks

Barryf

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Barryf,

I may well be sending you a PM if I get stuck, it won't be for a while though as I still need to have it delivered...

/Steve

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
AVC-R

I have also heard of good things about the controller and am thinking from the HKS item . I spoke to a someone from RC Developments about it ,who said it wqas the noodles . Maybe it has something to do with the fact thjat they import them . ;)
It is supposed to hold the boost levels better than the HKS item but maybe not according to BarryF .:confused:

Does anyone else know anything about /recommend them ?

Please keep us posted as to how you get on with it Steve . :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts