GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Prices

I often wonder where these people get there prices from ! I mean one can probably buy a 98 car for say £25k.If one throws say £30 k at it I'm sure similar performance can be obtained ! It still works out much cheaper !

Matbe they add £20k to the price for it has a designer label !:D

·
Registered
57 Posts
This looks like the car that appeared in an Autocar article a year or so ago. I think it was a 0-100 test. They had previously (before the article) asked for people with highly modified cars. The then owner was a chap who owned a video games company. Not sure if it was the same car but it looked exactly like that and had very similar performance. Seems massively over priced to me too!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hmmm,
I might buy it for the wife to do the shopping in....
I don't think. Looks nice though.
Is this the same car aka Superlemon2 ?

John

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thanks to Glen for posting the link back to the initial post i made for dave for this motor....
Although the car has a lot of "trick" bits on it, including diffs etc...

One other thing to consider as well as i know myself! is a highly modified Skyline does NOT come with a warranty!!!

Hope it does stay in the U.K though as it can be used as a benchmark! for other cars aspiring for that level of performance...

Cheers

Stu:D :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation Glen. Even if it is worth this much due to all its trickery etc I would be put off by its colour amongst other things!! I would also think that most people with 69k burning a whole in their back pockets would buy something else. I mean you could just about buy a nice blue R33 with lots of mods and a Porsche 993 RS for this much.........well thats what i'd do, now where did I put that lottery ticket!!!!

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
0-100-0

Krisitian.

Also I believe I'm right in saying this but the guy with the Jun only got beat because his reaction time was slower than they guy who won. Not putting the fella down just giving a perspective on things. Probably burnt himself out on computer games :D .

I have the mag at home with the test in it.

glen

·
Registered
312 Posts
Glen,

I will second your statement about Dave's reaction time, as i have a video of the Lemon racing a bike at Crail and his reaction time was [email protected]!!!
Best part was when he got 3/4 of the way down and waved to the bike on the way past..The bike was a tuned fireblade i think, but could be wrong!!

The Lemon has a Greddy "adjuster" on it but was never turned up to full......

Was hoping to get Dave along to Crail this year along with mine, but doesn't look like that will now happen...Oh well:D

Stu

·
Registered
57 Posts
I do seem to remember that from the article. Was it an Ultima GTR that beat him?? I do remember the autocar staff saying they had never seen anything launch itself off the line quite like that GTR. Apparently no real whelspin etc despite the huge power. Impressive I'm sure!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Superlemon

Well, if it stays in the UK... we'll know from the colour not to have a go at it if we see it sneaking up our tail on the A1

John:D

·
Registered
709 Posts
Considering he paid £100K for it about 3 years ago, you can't blame the guy for wanting to get some of his money back.

Talat.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Good point Talat

but as you know in the real world depriciation on any car is usually horrendous ! :eek:

I do not blame the guy really for trying to achieve the maximum return on his car as any one of us probably would ! I aslo have prices in mind that I'd like to achieve when I sell a car ,but unfortunately I rarely get it !:( But we can sure try and I hope he gets it .

Does anyone know why he is selling this awesome car ?

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Dave's reaction time

I spoke to Dave Jones after the Autocar 0-100-0 day and he explained that he only had time to do one run and the journos had neglected to tell him reaction time was a factor!
He just assumed that they would add his 0-100 time to his 100-0 time (which would have made sense). If he had posted a "normal" reaction time, the Superlemon would have won (just) from that Stealth thingy.
A very cool car and almost unique, it held the record for 0-300km/h! Definitely won't produce 1000bhp on UK fuel though.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Spot on.

Arguably you could get pretty blistering performance from a stock R34 for the same amount of money. There's also the issue of practicality - whilst it would be pretty special to own a car like that, you'd presumably have to run it on special fuel (aircraft fuel?) to get that level of BHP, and buying it as a third party you would have no idea how easy it would be to get any replacement parts for it should it go wrong.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Autocar 0-100-0

Seeing as no one has posted them, here they are -

Its featured in Autocars 0-100-0 challenge, 28 June 2000.
I have it in front of me and the figures are:

0-60 3.68
0-100 6.93
reaction 1.79
100-0 4.02

Cheers
Lee

P.S.

The reaction of the Stealth that beat it was 0.40 and its total time was 11.73

1 - 18 of 18 Posts