GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Just been watching the first few parts of 'Road's From Hell' on ITV1.
At the beginning it was showing street racing. There was a white R33 GTR, which was shown on numerous occassions racing other cars (And winning ;) ).
Was it anybody on here?

Regards,
-Elliot

·
Registered
344 Posts
It did look bad. Not impressed.

What about that poor bugger in the Supra IV then?! :eek: Reckon you would need some new upholstory after that one, never mind the bodywork damage..

Laters,
Pad

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Thought I did see a skyline, but wasn't sure. Glad you guys confirmed it.

The Supra got fcuked

·
Registered
135 Posts
The meet they just showed with the R33 racing took place just outside Leeds..........anyone gonna own up? (without totally incriminating yourself!):p

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Every time there's a skyline on tv I manage to miss that bit of the programme. :mad:
I did see the Supra get mashed though, ouch!:eek:

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
I was actually gonna say skylinelee..

You post on Cruiseboards as well dont ya? Each to their own I suppose, but I always thought that kind of stuff was best left to the Nova/Saxo/Peugeot crowd.

:confused:

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
I guess.

I just perceive people racing Skylines around urban streets (as in boy racer style) as being, well, lame. I grew out of that stuff about 3 years ago, even before I sold my "bwoyed up" Astra.

I guess the point Im trying ot make is - if I saw a Skyline driving down the street normally, Id think "cool". If I saw a cap wearing boy racer driving a Skyline down the street at some stupid speed Id think "knob".

·
Registered
895 Posts
the car footage was actually nothing to do with the tv program..
loaded magazine got in touch about doin a feature on simon an when they came to leeds for the weekend a m8 of his recorded what was goin on.....was quite shocked when i got a load of phone calls saying me car was on telly.
he did the interview with itv an took his video along..and obviously they've used footage off that
lee

·
Registered
241 Posts
Oh no i do agree with you there.... Skyline's r in a different class to most other cars.... but uve got to admit youve blown a R5turbo,XR2,XR3, Nova, Saxo, etc etc. away b4...... just cause you can !

you even owned an Ashtray ! i/ve (still got) me micra !

as T9YKO's thing used to say "it's all about arrivin and departin" - I can go along with that.

·
Registered
895 Posts
@ durzel
deffo not a cap wearing knob
and i dont drive around streets racing my gtr

·
Registered
241 Posts
Skylinelee - congrats m8 for gettin on telly with your car !! shame you didnt know sooner and "we all" could of seen it !

With Your car on telly and mine, and tiggs and drifty, and whoever else has been there.... (dunno i fix em dont watch em !).... mabey we should make a members club :D :D for telly cars !!!! hahahaha........

·
Registered
364 Posts
hi all,I don't condone street racing but let he without sin cast the first stone and all that,lets be honest we must all have put our foot down on some occasion,well i have once or twice.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
As soon as I saw the R33 I sniggered and thought "I bet thats someone from the forum..." ... :D

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Grief

Getting grief from my girlfried and mates at work. Now calling the skyline a boy racers car.

Sad what a little 'bad' tv coverage can do.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I thought it was pretty cool watching the skyline disappear into the distance while the car behind was giving it "come on,have it and struggling to pass 120mph":D

PS wondered how long it was until a thread was started:smokin:

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Durzel

I seem to remember you psoting here a while back saying you scared yourself shit less on the roads in the GTR...coa the back nearly came all the way around!!
So you weren't giving it any right foot then?
Come on we all do. That is why you bought the car!!
Good work Lee. I thought it was amusing especially when the truth comes out.

NLW

1 - 20 of 25 Posts