GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
Nope, any one with sense would not go near it!!! Same eng and gearbox and performance as even the base standard car.

Buy silver one, respary it purple, rip the back seat out and put some Alcon brakes on it and there you have your Spec V at fraction of the Retail EXTORTIANTE price!

·
6,821 Posts
I have seated many times in the V-Spec in the Nissan showroom in Yokohama, my frist impression was that the 10000$ front carbon seats, looked like my mams old kitchentowel . . . merly to the fact that many visitors got in and out the car daily (which the lucky owner will also do), and the sides of the alcantara had blown up . . . . so much for a 10000$ seat.:confused:

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
With only one sale in the UK, i think the original question speaks for itself.
There will be more sales when the price drops, without a doubt...for now though, i think the league it is in will see peoples money going elsewhere.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I also heard that only one had been sold in the UK - I understand the seats are heavier than the normal ones....think Nissan have missed a trick there.

With only one sale in the UK, i think the original question speaks for itself.
There will be more sales when the price drops, without a doubt...for now though, i think the league it is in will see peoples money going elsewhere.

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
When you look at the V-spec's of the past, although it's not entirely comparable, you'll see that the extras come at a premium, but just not by the same margin that this.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Nissan have got it way way wrong with the execution of the specV...it should have increased performance figures all-round... adding wheels and seats and some aero-parts is like the difference between an 'S' and an 'SE' version of other model line-ups.

You would have to be cerebrally deficient to invest in one of these.

The GTR has a market placement...the specV most definitely has not.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Given they are just sticking bits on, I guess there are no real manufacturing overheads on this car.... So maybe they don't care how many they sell.

Even a few sales would have a significant positive impact on GTR programme profitabilty.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Given they are just sticking bits on, I guess there are no real manufacturing overheads on this car.... So maybe they don't care how many they sell.

Even a few sales would have a significant positive impact on GTR programme profitabilty.
that's not strictly true though as the spec-v uses different turbos and therefore there must be some different engine components to deal with this. plus the interior buttons on the fascia and steering wheel are different because of the overboost button.

2nd spec v's are already appearing here and can be snapped up for Yen14m. i'm sure though if Y10m was offered some of these sellers would give in. still, hardly a bargain, especially as the brakes (discs and pads) need to replaced when the pads wear down and cost Y2.5m to replace.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I could hardly afford to buy a my Premium GTR let alone a Spec V!! For virtually the same car you pay an extra £40 grand!!! Sod that!!! Moreover I don't think it'll be anywhere as comfortable as the standard.

On another point, does anyone know whether nissan have yet released a Ring lap time for the Spec V yet?? Wonder why???:thumbsup:

Trav

1 - 20 of 21 Posts