GTR Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Speed and Control - I can go with that. Have never fancied skydiving, as if something goes wrong, you do not stand a chance - however with a car or a horse, you still have the chance to pull it back together.

When I bought my horse, I had full intentions of riding in the evenings after work etc. Ha - no chance. So I have someone who rides him during the week, then I ride at weekends. I tend to hack, or school him dependent on the weather. I do the odd bit of showjumping, and although the stables that I keep him at has a 4.5 mile UK Chaser Cross Country Course, I do not really use that now. Too many responsibilities - show jumps fall over, cross country jumps don't. Might be different if I was riding every day! I used to work at/teach at a stables from 15 years ago to about 6 years ago, so was alot more used to being in the saddle then. 2 hours each weekend is not enough. Still love a good gallop though.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
yeah, I used to compete at affiliated level on 3 day events...really miss the fun now....money goes into the car and the horse is ridden by a friend:(

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
had my detecter on, was speeding up a dual carriageway...looked in the rearview...doh! apparently they had been chasing me for some time..

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
are you in trouble or did you go all coy and flutter your eyelashes at them ?

hope you are not in trouble...

/Steve

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
but they couldnt book me cause their gun wasnt on/working!! bummer is my car is now marked in Kent...next time I go straight to court..

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
sounds like a bit of a silver lining there mate.

better to have a marked car than a marked car and a fine/points.

get some stealth paint and don't stop for anyone !!

glad to hear you got away with it.

/Steve

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
pissing

makes a change for you then Luke, becoming a bit of a habit is it?

Last night you were sh&tting yourself in my car, now pissing your self, you need a doctor Luke San:D :p :smokin:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
You tried to kill me!!!

Listen loony toon! That corner was approaching very fast and you weren't stopping very quickly. There were loads of trees everywhere and since they seem to attract me at the mo I may have been a tad concerned:p
Quick car + loon behind the wheel = DANGER! and one very worried lukey

You do have a very quick car though, very impressed.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Dirk, he was a worried passenger........I didnt get in cause I thought u owed me one for almost headbutting my dash when u got in the suuny!!!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts