GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into a carbon fibre bonnet for the car but can't picture as i've not seen another R33 with one, a few R34's but no R33's.

Unless someone has a pic of an R33 with a carbon fibre bonnet ( a red gtr would be better:) ) Failing that if i gave someone a pic of my car could they give it the carbon effect?

Many thx in advance.

PS Also whats ppls view on carbon fibre bonnets? A fad that will pass or something that is here to stay?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Rich!

I'm new to the board & heard u needed a pic of an R33 with a carbon hood. Here's a pic, couldn't find a red one , sorry!:p

B

·
0 Posts
hey i've seen that car on www.carmode.net it's pretty cool i also chat sometimes there too.i also like the rim's they're volk racing te37's from what i can tell.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Rich J....I might have a few pix of red GTRs with unpainted carbon bonnets. Just have to look in my pix folders... Send me your e-mail and I can send them to you as I'm too lazy to upload them to my site and then link them here.:D

BadMutha.....those alloys in the pictures are probably Nismo LM GT-Mags
These are TE37s;)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I 2nd that, those white rims on that white R33 GTR are Nismo LM GT MAG. The GT MAG have 5 lug nut holes, where the GT-4 have 10 lug nut holes, that is my way to tell them apart :p

Jeff :cool:

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Rich,

At the Boxhill meeting back in May of this year there was a red R34 with a (painted) black bonnet. I appreciate it's not an R33 but it should give you an idea of colour match. I don't have any pictures but the JapUK people might know the guy or have some pictures.

John

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers for the pics and info ppl:D

DCD heres my email addy:- [email protected]

Maybe its me but seems a shame to buy a carbon bonnet and spray it, i know its purely cosmetic and of course does help towards weight reduction, but spending that money just seems a shame not to show it off? Is it just me or do other ppl share the same view?

Then again if we were all the same it would be a sad world:p

Thx peeps:D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Am I missing the point

I'm not sure I like the black carbon fiber look on any colour car (other than black!) It just seems to look like a spare unpainted body part to me.

Am I missing the point?
;]

·
Registered
50 Posts
Anything that reflects sunlight will certainly help so a laquer probably would help. Any effect on the carbon probably won't be noticed for 3 to 5 years.

The carbon fibre is held together in a resin matrix which is affected by some solvents, so keep the nitromors well away to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
zeroreality... I'm with you on the painted carbon thing. I only really like the raw carbon look on a black car. Just IMHO.

Cya O!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree with most of you guys, leave it unpainted...and add a coating of laquer if it does protect it from the sun.
You can't beat the look of carbon fibre....in an issue of EVO magazine they had a Pagani Zonda that was left unpainted (for those of you that don't know, the body is completely carbon fibre!), Man! It looked extremely awesome!:D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts