GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Coventry, West Midlands. Im a BIG skyline fan, so you can imagine how far my jaw dropped when I saw a blue skyline R34 v.spec with the reg T5 GTR in Coventry! Who owns this? I dont recollect hearing that reg mentioned on here at all?

Rob

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yes, T5 GTR was used for Nissan's poster/calendar with the woman on the front of the car.

If any magazines are produced in your area, one of the journalists from it was probably making the most of their position.

·
Registered
57 Posts
T1-6 (i think) GTR are, or were, all the Nissan press cars. T3 GTR has been featured regularly and in EVO last month, they damaged it at Le Mans!! It has also changed colour since Autocar first tested it. It was blue then and is red now!! Probably the car that has changed. Sorry for the mind of useless information!!!!!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I thouht he was passing by when I first saw i, butits been there a few eeks now everyday! I think may need to ask him to give me a ride :)

I saw that bit in evo, about the skyline crashing on the Le Mans straight, it was criminal :(

Rob

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think that the registration T3 GTR has been in a few acidents. 1 when it was blue, then the plate was transfered to a red one.

Now that the two geeks have crashed it, the reg will probably be transfered again. Any predictions on the colour of the new car? :)

Perhaps the most worrying fact is that the woman from Nissan who lent them the car just laughed it off - A criminal offence!!!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Spotted Skylines

And I saw a Yellow R34 going East on the M40 yesterday (Wednesday Sept 12th) at about 10:30 as I was going West.

And I've not seen a Yellow one about

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
GT-R ?

Joss,

Are you sure it was a GT-R?

I know there are some R34 GTS going around in yellow, it a factory colour.
And the R34 GTS looks closer to the GT-R than previous S's.

Sorry just spotted yellow is a GT-R colour. :eek: :eek: I've never seen one either.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Press cars

I will ask the Tony at Nissan Reading, He siad there was 7 Press cars inluding the ones that were preped for the motor shows

·
Registered
327 Posts
The Press cars were T 1 GTR to T 7 GTR

I am hoping he can find a pic of all of them together!

He was saying they had to run them in the dark before they were sent out to the press. Now getting paid to drive Skylines sounds like a good job to me :D

·
Registered
547 Posts
Another one

Just spotted an X reg UK-Spec (Middlehurst number plate) Black R34 V-Spec .. parked in my garage in London!!

It look cool (read evil) in black :)

Wonder who that belongs to ?

·
Registered
547 Posts
R33

And another Black R33 with a PLO reg plate in Edgware yesterday evening (about 6)

These GTRs are getting common :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yellow R34?

Guys,
Its a GTS. A friend of mine worked with the owner. He has now left to work somewhere else. He used to work at McLaren! and I know thats its been heavily modified. They have a Smart car there thats capable of 140+ and 0-5 < 5 secs. Christ knows how quick the Skyline is!!

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Funny you should mention that Smart...as I'm pretty sure I saw it a while back. I was in one of my friends car, an import Evo6, and driving towards Feltham from Stains and this little Brabus just kept up with us till well over 100mph...we coudn't believe it!! Amazing stuff....
I managed to spot a Brabus twin center exhaust...but then it just took off again!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts