GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Skyline owners !!

I just thought that I would start this thread as I was wondering if there would be anyone from the Essex area who fancies a little bit of a Skyline get together and a quick pint probably next Saturday the 13th October ?

I know that there are quite of few of us in the Essex area now and there are some people who don't wish to travel long distances to other Skyline meets, so I was kinda hoping that I may be able to put something together for us Essex boy's ! I am not planning a big event or anything like that, just a gathering where we can meet and talk Skyline for a few hours. I already have a place in mind less than a minute or two from the A12 in Galleywood Essex and I am after some interest from other owners before I name a suggested place to meet.

So far I have myself going along (should this happen) together with Rob in his 33 GT-R and possibly T6KYO if I can talk him into it (or if his missus will let him !!) and I know that there are other owners in the Colchester area who may wish to pop down, and Scott if you are out there !? Will you be up for a little gathering !?

As I have said above, I am planning for next weekend the 13th around lunchtime for this and if I get some good feedback over the next few day's, I will let everyone know where to meet then. Oh yes, there is a really good section of A12 people could go for a quick run down should they fancy it without the hideing places for our good old friends who we all love so much !!

Come on peeps, give me some good feedback and lets have a meet before winter set's in !

Regards

Shaun.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi Shaun
just seen the thread. Can peeps from west London come too? chances are that next sat 13th I'll be in central London in the morning.......so could take a sortie up the A12 thro the NARM valley (thats the dagerNARM valley!!) to hunt down the incursion of Skylines...........just need directions, a compass and some rations...........oh and if Glen gets his day pass, I promise to wear a DIFFERENT hat
regards,
ESSEX bound wroestar
PS/ woops, the NARM valley is on the A13....well close, same county

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sat 13th

Of course you can come along Wroestar if you can make it, the same goes for any 200sx or GTi-R owners that read this, also any Skyline owners anywhere if they fancy a bit of a run out for a few hours ! with any luck we might actually have some decent weather for a few hours as well !!

Anyone else fancy coming along ????

Shaun.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Hat & Essex

Wroestar.

Wear it with the peak facing backwards. Don't forget your going to Essex and need to blend.

glen

·
Registered
263 Posts
Directions...

Hi Guys

For those who dont want to get lost in Essex (!) - Galleywood common is at the B1007 exit on the A12 - nr Chelmsford - From London/M25, turn left at the exit roundabout and you're there...

M25 Jct 28 (i think 28) is approx 15mins back down the road

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Saturday !

Well it's looking good for Saturday now !!

Slight change of plan, instead of meeting at Galleywood Common, we will meet at The Ship public house, same junction on the A12 (B1007) but head towards Stock/Billericay and its about half a mile up the road just past the petrol station on the left hand side, it's a nice little pub which should accommodate us nicely !

Plus the A12 is just round the corner should anyone wish to go for a quick blast !!

I will aim to get to the pub for around Midday on Saturday.

Hope to see everyone there

Shaun.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Essex jaunt

Hi everyone,
found the Ship on the map......looks like a nice bit of dual caridgeway A12 from M25 to B1007 turning, I'll be there Saturday hopefully about 12:30.........about an hour from central London??
regards
wroestar

·
Registered
263 Posts
Speed cameras - none but be careful near m25 area as there are some inside the m25 on the a12 (harold wood)

Yes good but of road, but beware of unmarked ones as it can be a race track and a bit of an accident black spot

5 mins from the ship is hanningfield straight - nice mile + of straight road :)

Rob

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cameras for Saturday !?

Hi Alan and everyone else who is coming for a trip out to Essex on Saturday !

I thought that I would let you know that as far as I am aware (apart from sections of roadworks if there are any) there are no cameras anywhere from the A12/M25 junction up to the B1007 turn off for The Ship. Obviously keep your eyes peeled for mobile 'Smokeys' with the speed guns in case any are about but that's the same everywhere you go nowadays !

p.s. White socks preferred but are only an option ! Alan, you have a white car so you are almost there !!! Wroestar, remember that baseball caps backwards on Saturday !!

See everybody around midday Saturday !!:smokin:

Shaun.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,604 Posts
Better late than never.

Shaun,

Only just seen your thread after Wroestar asked me if I was going.

I should be around saturday and will pop along.

Was mean't to go rallying saturday, but after working on the car every day this
week getting it ready after its last abusive outing. Got the job finnished,
fired it up gave it a quick blat, and BANG!! Big end bearings gone through the sump.:( :( :(

No more rallying season over, anothe long cold winter rebuild.

So not much else to do saturday,...........I'll be there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts