GTR Forum banner

Why bid on your own car!!

2K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  1000bhp 
#1 ·
#14 ·
You sometimes bid on your own car at auction, Its called running up, Most auctioneers are wise to it though, but what the auctioneer sometimes does is take a bid off the wall if the bidding is slow, pretty much the same thing really.

#15 ·
These firms are both based near Norwich, so they may be mates, they're not the same guys, that I do know. The guy who owns Trident came along to try and market the car at a trackday I was on in February. I mentioned that he had been trying to sell this for ages. He replied 'I'm selling this on behalf of my client'.......That engine finish really is like that. Like the Ferrari 'crackle' finished, just looks awful instead.

#16 ·
Yep that R34 is a bag of shite, aesthetically unpleasant, not the cars fault, a bit of TLC would sort that out, but the price is wrong... and while the price is wrong, nobody's going to take her on and sort her out, shame really.

#17 ·
I phoned the guy up to view the car.

He said he will not take less than 36k and not to waste his time coming unless I was going to pay the full amount!!!

Crap salesman, crap telephone manner, can't think why he still has it.

I also bid £28k first time round on ebay which you would have thought was fair!! Total prat.

#19 ·
1000bhp said:
I phoned the guy up to view the car.

He said he will not take less than 36k and not to waste his time coming unless I was going to pay the full amount!!!

Crap salesman, crap telephone manner, can't think why he still has it.

I also bid £28k first time round on ebay which you would have thought was fair!! Total prat.
Yea i phoned him too, very abusive, he told me he imported it !! and he tells you its for a client, utter porkies, went along to see the car, was there 5 mins laughing, wasted journey, it was an overpriced horrible gtr, worth 25k if you wanted it.......so if trident had it originally, whys the highest bidder called trident on the ebay.........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.