GTR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Why can't i post my car??

3K views 57 replies 15 participants last post by  Mook 
#1 ·
Trying to sell my R34GTR can't put it on the for sale forum! say's something about i need to have 50 posts?? and i have only 30.
I've only been a member for 5years now!!!!

#12 ·
Nigerians are the only genuine buyers these days. cash straight into your bank account, no probs.

I have a trade account with Autotrader, if you want PM me the details and I will wack it in for free. I'm allowed to advertise 6 cars, and have free spaces.
I will put your own mobile number on the advert so you get the calls. :thumbsup:

#5 ·
The 50 post rule is most definitely in force with regard to selling although it has been relaxed for buying. It is was it is. Despite being a register member for 5 years, admin would ask why you have not contributed more than 30 times in the past 5 years. You can't take out if you don't put in, as it were.

#13 ·
quick question,

Lets say the user who posted this thread (been a member for 5 years and only 30 posts) has never really needed to post.

1- For instance, his car has been been trouble free so not needed to ask questions on here.

2- Maybe has had issued but used the SEARCH function and found his own answers to his problem. (after all, people flame new users for not searching before asking the question)

3- He reads on here most nights but does not reply to peoples questions incase he gives wrong advice?

So how can someone like the above get a high post count? He has obviously not joined here to sell something as if they have they have waited a long time !

It seems daft to me that someone being a member for 5 years cant post a for sale thread, but someone can spam there way to 50 in a matter of days/weeks if they wanted. Put the 50 posts over 2 months and no one will notice but a chap that has been on here for over 5 years can sell something and "WE" now flame him for not posting when everyone gets moaned at for not searching instead of posting ! :nervous:

#14 ·
I agree with you, if the reason for the 50 post + 3 months time limit as a registered user is there to be imposed in order to prevent the spammers and those who suddenly show up to advertise and sell things,,, it's fair enough, but in this instance this registered member seems genuine and it's obvious he didn't join just ot sell. I feel it's kinda harsh. As for his contribution, I cannot comment on that. The only thing is though he does not seem to be familiar with the forum that much, given away by the fact that this thread is posted in the wrong section. nevertheless still a bit harsh me thinks.

#16 ·
I never understood why there should be seperate section for the R35, I think it was due to a number of old school die hard members moaning that their old Datsuns should be treated differently to the 35, hence the segregation.
If everything was in one section imo it would be much easier. why can we all not get along, as you said they are all GTRs so old or new should have one section tbh, but again this is my personal view before anyone snaps at me.

#18 ·
LOL, ye.

But it did happen. Maybe a few months before you joined here? But i dont think it was that long ago, must be tho.

Anyway, the R35's got joined with the R32/33/34 but there was to many complaints and the R35 lot got there own section.

Nigel, the problem is that 99% of the R35 owners wont come out of the R35 section. For instance MOOK tried to merge the R35 projects with teh rest of the skyline's a few months back but again the R35 people got there own way.

Its very sad really, The R35 lot are stuck in a small box hidding there cars from the skyline (true GTR lot Maybe??? ) lot and in tern getting snubbed back. Nobody cares about the R35 and nobody wants one. There price is dropping like mad and now cheaper than a R34 GTR built 10+ years ago ! Well its no wonder when the R35 lot have no intrest in the older skylines.

More funny is the older lots (32/33/34's) , well most of them would leave a R35 standing around a track!

#17 ·
I tend to agree with Matty Supra and Nigel-Power. I go through phases of using this and one or two other forums. This one in particular is a fantastic source of information and I have spent many hours on here without saying a word. In fact I used it for a long time before I even signed up.
Some people spend lots of time on here and post endlessly about all sorts of topics and other just read what they say.
I think it is also fair to say that some people may say a lot and 'contribute' very little.
I understand the reason for the 50 post rule but it clearly isn't full proof and sometimes it isn't relevant. This may be one of those times.

#19 ·
Like myself as well, in actual of fact I have been using this forum regularly since 2005, at least 3-4 days a week, but I never joined, it seemed very hostile at the time. plust I had no GTR so there was no need, but I was just reading and info etc. I even know the old members from back in the day. If you look at the bottom of the page where stasts are shown, there are always more visitors viewing than registered members, by 3 fold.

#23 ·
Someone has to pay for the website, so why should someone who has not contributed to the skyline community be able to benefit from it?

The rules are there for a reason, regardless of how long someone has been on here.

Do u think eBay will let me sell my car for free as I've been using them for 5 years?

#40 ·
I'm sure I speak for the majority of real gtr enthusiasts in saying that the only reason any of us visit tge 35 section is for the comedy and stupidity

It's like the welsh nationalist movement, do the welsh really think that we give a shit if they have their own parliament!! He'll no, get on with it.

Why don't one of u bright sparks set up a forum dedicated solely to the r35? Oh yeah that's right, you'll be owning the new audi or m3 buy the time it's up and running.

Oh and as for the ones pretending to own an r35, it's so obvious just give it a rest

#43 ·
If you find the R35 section Comic & Stupid, why bother visiting at all, and if it really is as you describe then why would you want the people that post there to be in the 32/33/34 sections?

You are merely describing form an R32/33/34 point of view the reason why we want R35 separate, that is that you do not find the discussions usefull or interesting.

We are all GT-R enthusiasts, it's just as Guy describes, wheras there is a lot of commonality between the earlier GT-R's there is virtually no crossover other than name with the R35.

I spend as much time on NAGTROC as I do here because it is dedicated to the R35. However although it's good for technical stuff a lot of the products, solutions and the social side of things are not easily accesible to the UK, so that's where GTROC comes in. ;) If GTROC did not exist then I think there would be a place for a UK R35 Forum, however I for one would much rather be part of a larger more established group. :D

Rich

#44 ·
If you find the R35 section Comic & Stupid, why bother visiting at all

Rich
Because I enjoy comedy and stupidity, I thought I'd cleared that up in my first post lol.

Rich u seem like a decent chap and as u have stated u like the community over here then perhaps u are in the minority of 35 owners who actually have something to contribute. But the fact that half never come out of this section (and I'm def not complaining about that) just reiterates that they are here simply to have questions about their car answered or to find out where to buy new tyres or brake disks

#53 ·
IMHO as Fuggles says, the current way is just right. There is a huge overlap in technology between the R32-34, so it's not unreasonable for them to be the same sections. The R35 is completely different and is therefore seperate.

Also for some of the other car forums, they are much much bigger in terms of membership or posts and therefore smaller sub-forums can be used as they'll still generate sufficient posts to remain active. Examples:

Corvette Forum - 36m posts
Rennlist - 8m posts
gtr.co.uk - 1m posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.