GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have seen many on here sell their GTR and jump straight back into another one!!! But I thought I had more will power than that!!! :confused:

I have only just sold my second GTR - MY11 Litchfield Stage 4.25! Fantastic car, but I just thought I would have a break and enjoy my RS6 a little more as my daily driver - and the plan was to complete a deal on a 458 which unfortunately fell through! :mad:

So, about a week ago - i get offered another Daytona Blue MY11 GTR by a friend who is in the motor trade! Do you see where this is going???

The car sounded AMAZING on the phone - and I committed to it without thinking about it too much!

COMPLETELY STOCK - NOT EVEN Y PIPE
ONLY 5000 MILES FROM NEW
ONE OWNER FROM NEW
FULL MAIN DEALER HPC SERVICE HISTORY
JUST SERVICED AND GEO ALIGNED BY MAIN DEALER
FULL HEALTH CHECK AT DEALER - EVERYTHING ON THE SHEET IS GREEN
NEVER LAUNCHED OR TRACKED
ORIGINAL EVERYTHING - TYRES BRAKES ETC

Tyres look less then half worn and the brakes are almost 100% new!!!

Picked the car up - and it drives like it has just rolled out of a showroom BRAND NEW! It is probably the most perfect MY11 in the country! It is stunning all around!!! Just a detail/valet - and the car could be mistaken for MY14!!! (Without the new style lights of course - but you know what I mean!!!)

Now I am in a dilema!

I didn't want to buy a GTR until next year - at the earliest! Oportunities like this one rarely come by, so I thought I'd jump at it! The issue I now have is that this car seems too good to modify/upgrade!
I have had people tell me over the last few days to NEVER modify it!!! To keep the miles low and lock it away!!! THATS NOT WHAT I WANT TO DO TO ANY CAR!!!

I have always wanted to Stage 5+ a GTR! It just doesnt seem right to do it to this car!!! WHAT DO I DO???!!!

I shouldn't have been so hasty to buy it! This car should really have gone to someone who wants a garage queen? Or am I thinking too much about it???

Should I just call SVM/Litchfields and book it in for some mods??? Or do I lock it away as it is as it is a rare find in this condition with this mileage??? Or - do I slap myself for not resisting, sell it on AGAIN and wait until next year to find one with some mods that I can modify further??? (As my original plan)

Feeling lost! :runaway:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hahahahaha, so after pestering me on what to do on facebook, you're now pestering everyone else?!

Just enjoy it and then mod it!!

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
or sell it and try and do a deal on the 850 boxer for sale on here........

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Just drive to Litchfields and leave it there and hand over 50k!

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your thinking too much..... Lol
I do think so too!

I wanted to drive it around this weekend. It is parked indoors at my business address, and I decided not to take it out as it could rain this weekend and I might accidently get a stone chip!!! FFS!!! I didn't even know I could think like that! But this car is that good - that I just thought I'd leave it locked up and safe! And off course - I JUST DONT WANT TO CLOCK UP THE MILEAGE!!! Wtf?????

I have managed to speak to the previous owner who is a multi-millionaire entrepreneur, and he has said the same thing!!! He mentioned that Nissans tech actually came out to specifically tell him that he had never seen a MY11 as good as this one before!!! The previous owner hardly ever used it, and it has never been out in bad weather!!!

Maybe I just need to 'get over it!' Its only a car - and it should see the rain, stone chips etc! Along with some mods as well!!!!

A part of me just wants to put it up for grabs again! I never thought I would own a car that I would feel guilty using!!! ESPECIALLY A NISSAN!!!

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hahahahaha, so after pestering me on what to do on facebook, you're now pestering everyone else?!

Just enjoy it and then mod it!!
P*ss off Buzzy!!! You gave me little/no advice!!!

Both previous GTR's Ive had have ended up Stage 4.25! This one is box standard! I just cant find myself enjoying it as it is! Its tooo quiet!!! Its tooo smooth!!! I want pops and bangs!!! FLAMES!!! Titanium Exhaust!!! Lol!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
Sell it to evogeof, who will then not mod it, and will polish it daily as a show car, then go and buy an already stage 5 gtr.

Job done

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
If you really want to scratch the stage 5 itch I'd avoid one you've got to throw a lot of money at and buy a modded one like Adam's.
Assuming that's still for sale.

No matter how nice it is, it's just a Nissan and there are loads around.
Only worry about the condition if you are going to use it hardly ever and garage it at hte first drop of rain... for 15+ years.
A modded one would save you a large chunk of cash though, the last owner will have spent £££ and added no where near as much to the selling price.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you really want to scratch the stage 5 itch I'd avoid one you've got to throw a lot of money at and buy a modded one like Adam's.
Assuming that's still for sale.

No matter how nice it is, it's just a Nissan and there are loads around.
Only worry about the condition if you are going to use it hardly ever and garage it at hte first drop of rain... for 15+ years.
A modded one would save you a large chunk of cash though, the last owner will have spent £££ and added no where near as much to the selling price.
Sound advice! Pretty much what I originally thought! Hence my thread title = 'Why did I do it!'

As I have been reading about you jumping in and out of GTR's over the last year or so - I have always thought 'why do people do that?' Lol!!! GTR's just seem to pull at your heartstrings once you have had 1!!!

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Sound advice! Pretty much what I originally thought! Hence my thread title = 'Why did I do it!'

As I have been reading about you jumping in and out of GTR's over the last year or so - I have always thought 'why do people do that?' Lol!!! GTR's just seem to pull at your heartstrings once you have had 1!!!
They do...had three and missing them

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Had three and I think I've got it out of my system for a bit.
Only miss the modded MY11 as I had that nicely set up.
So why not get another MY11 and set it up exactly the same again??? :chuckle:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Sounds mint, the MY11 that I pick up Tuesday only has 3500 miles on the clock!!! God bless car collectors :chuckle:

evogeof sounds like the perfect car for you mate, even if it is Blue !! :flame:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts