Administrator
31,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to polish up my headlights as they were going cloudy

Started off like this

Then it looked like this

Needed a bit more, then this happened

Leaving a nice gouge

So now they are clear, but in worse condition than when I started. I knew I shouldn't have bothered :(

·
Administrator
31,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah. Not brave enough to go at em with sandpaper though. Lol

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
P.s. I made a little boobie a couple of weeks back; snapped a bolt clean in half to some small bracket held near the firewall and front wing. That now needs to be drilled out. Except I don't have a drill. :D

·
Administrator
31,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nothing wrong with the quality of the polisher, it was the pad holder which was bought seperatly. Just my typical luck

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Hey Mike you can get that out not a problem.

Hit it with some 3000grit wet&dry on a flat block until you don't see the scratch anymore, then buff it back up

Doesn't look too deep from the pics

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Dont worry about it!
Shit happens,
I kerbed by spotless wheels gettig out of tight car park but took my time with a dremel and polished it out.
Take your time and sand it out

·
Registered
277 Posts
I got a kit from frost before I got my DA frost kit attached to normal drill all the pads and wet n dry up to 3000 think it was 1.5 inch disks I tell you when I put the 1st wet n dry the headlight went completely white looking and couldn't see thru I was like omg I've F***ed the headlight but as stages got finer it got amazing I good tip I found was when you thought I'd looked amazing switch on your lights and it would show little marks and dots just keep going till all gone

·
Registered
861 Posts
Was wanting to wet & dry mine as I have glue on them still from the guy I got the car off stuck them shit eyebrows on.... If I sand them what's the best way of buffing them, as I don't have a DA polisher...

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
This is the exact reason I pay the pro's to work on my cars. Much to the annoyance of my brother.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Was wanting to wet & dry mine as I have glue on them still from the guy I got the car off stuck them shit eyebrows on.... If I sand them what's the best way of buffing them, as I don't have a DA polisher...
Got a cordless drill with speed setting? Get an attachment and use that. Have you tried glue remover first?

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
P.s. I made a little boobie a couple of weeks back; snapped a bolt clean in half to some small bracket held near the firewall and front wing. That now needs to be drilled out. Except I don't have a drill. :D
You worked on your car?! That's shocking enough for me! :p;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts