GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Out of interest, what is it about these two that gives it away that these are scams.
Just so I know what to look out for myself.
Is it the price on the first one (or both for that matter) ?

·
Administrator
31,883 Posts
rules of thumb

if something looks too good to be true, it usually is.

and

you get what you pay for

and

Crime pays

mook

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Out of interest, what is it about these two that gives it away that these are scams.
Just so I know what to look out for myself.
Is it the price on the first one (or both for that matter) ?
The price .... and .... if you are already looking for a R34 you will know that ....

.... the first one is a blatant copy of a car that is currently on sale on the Distinctive Cars of York site :eek: They have just copy and pasted the DC of York photographs and have made no attempt to hide it :mad:

I wonder if the guys over at DC know about this.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
larry and marry signed up with ebay on the 22nd and 23rd of Jan 2007 and have no previous sale record. "For more informations, please..." ... can't even handle English properly.

Do they collect the money and run? How do these people operate, I wonder?

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Exactly, Crime pays. Are prisons are full whats going to happen if they get caught?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ian, i mentioned it to Barrie from DCY today. He says they have this problem quite a lot.

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Why anyone would buy a car of the Skyline calibre off EBAY god only knows ...

I very nearly made that mistake years ago when I decided to buy & thank god for the RAC inspecton.

DON'T DO IT !!!

·
Registered
823 Posts
We have had a few of our cars copyed and advertised on ebay now, so have a few other garages and there just the ones I know about. I just report them to ebay as soon as I see them now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts