GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Skyrobot .. why Britain's new spyplane doesn't need a pilot
A look at the top-secret Corax jet - Britain's first pilotless stealth plane built by BAE SYSTEMS. The jet has now undergone its first tests and could soon be used to monitor our motorways and city centres, as well as patrolling the coastline. There are great hopes for the jets, with one senior RAF official saying "I can imagine up to 20 per cent of the RAF's combat aircraft being unmanned by 2020." The MoD is also optimistic for the future of unmanned aircraft and has no plans to order any new manned combat aircraft.
The Mail on Sunday, p24

This begs the question of what is happening in our city centres and on our motorways that we need to be monitored all the time.
Last time I looked the UK isnt a war zone!!

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,872 Posts
Vehicle recognition cameras first came out to monitor the IRA movements in london. Now they are used as a cash machine for the government.

I really don't think these things will be flying around with all the CCTV cameras we have. It will be too expencive. It's just tabloid nonesense

Terrorism is a mechanism used on us to bring out new legislastion to infringe on our freedom.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
We are the most closely monitered population in the world ... surprising I though America would have won that one hands down.

Anyway .... its to spot the aliens that live with us :cool:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It does feel like parts of those sci-fi films are slowly coming true.
Demolition man (social control), Terminator (robots), minority report (social control).
I dont like it and I dont want people to know where I am, last thing I want is work ringing me up when I am on holiday....(or skiving)

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
AND HOW IS ALL THIS TECHNOLOGY GOING TO PAY FOR ITSELF........?

THE MOTORIST.....YIPEEEEEEE !!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I can just see it, incoming text on your mobile phone :eek:

And if you answer thats another fine, to add to the one thats just been texted to you :( :mad: :(

If I only had enough money to get away.....:(

And take my car with me.....:D :smokin:

·
Registered
923 Posts
LOL - It doesn't need Stealth to avoid detection from terrorists, they don't use Radar, unlike lots of "Bad" countries where it's sandy :D

A simple UAV would do for monitoring the UK and we've (RAF/Army) already got loads anyway - flying in allsorts of places ;)

·
Registered
564 Posts
IanH said:
LOL - It doesn't need Stealth to avoid detection from terrorists, they don't use Radar, unlike lots of "Bad" countries where it's sandy :D

A simple UAV would do for monitoring the UK and we've (RAF/Army) already got loads anyway - flying in allsorts of places ;)

Hey ;) I don't know the in's and outs i've just been to the cinema

·
Registered
923 Posts
Also when they say "unmanned" they don't mean flown by a robot etc - it's still flown by a man, he's just on the ground controlling it like a big RC plane :D

Seen them used loads in the desert (even the US UCAV's - UAV's with missiles!) and they're great at surveillance as they're so small - unlike a great whopping chopper hovering above you :D

·
Hawaii-5-0
1,817 Posts
R32 Combat said:
Vehicle recognition cameras first came out to monitor the IRA movements in london. Now they are used as a cash machine for the government.
Clarify?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts