GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ive read though Flynn posts to see why he was banned, and it's clearly not him. If it was, he'd have had a few of you in knots by now. lol. Ive showed a guy I work with today and read some of the threads. He's put some links up on some Dutch forum he goes on :popcorn:

Still cant see why he was banned though. Perhaps the bad posts were deleted by the mods?
im a mod on evo owners and admin on 5 Facebook pages we have on the go and the lad was just showing a interest in the gtr35 imo, ok maybe he was a tad young and inexperianced but aint it up to us older members to steer him in the right direction??

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
im a mod on evo owners and admin on 5 Facebook pages we have on the go and the lad was just showing a interest in the gtr35 imo, ok maybe he was a tad young and inexperianced but aint it up to us older members to steer him in the right direction??
I am 100% agreed, some people have there heads so far up there own arses they forget they were once 17 imo :runaway: lol

·
Premium Member
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I am 100% agreed, some people have there heads so far up there own arses they forget they were once 17 imo :runaway: lol
well the decision has been made to ban the poor lad and we have to respect there wishes whether we agree or not but we can have our opinion

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Ive read though Flynn posts to see why he was banned, and it's clearly not him. If it was, he'd have had a few of you in knots by now. lol. Ive showed a guy I work with today and read some of the threads. He's put some links up on some Dutch forum he goes on :popcorn:

Still cant see why he was banned though. Perhaps the bad posts were deleted by the mods?
Just to clarify as it may have been lost, that I'm glad that Flynn isn't the only person to be banned this year. Not that I wanted him or anyone else to be banned but glad it wasn't just him ...

To be fair to the mods though, the post that he made that finally got him banned did cross the line of common decency. If it had been his first infringement I'm sure he would have received a short ban and a warning but he had been goading the mods and others for ages so, as the old adage goes, be careful what you wish for.

Has the young lad who is the focus of the thread title been permanently banned or just a short one?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nope, not racism.

Can't remember which thread it was on as there were several going at the time but I don't think it's up any longer (not surprising as the forum probably wouldn't want to be associated with that).
.......but its happy to be associated with stolen pictures of celebrity nudes :chuckle:

Perhaps it was this thread? http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/171516-r35-gtr-owners-petrolheads-tards-30.html#post3089594

The way I see it, is people had a go at him, and then get it back tenfold and cant handle it. I cant see any post where he's turned nasty, even when threats have come his way.

Again, probably been deleted

·
Registered
470 Posts
Why not just have a ****** section purely for said people
They can fill that section with as much shite as they like and people don't have to read it if they don't want to but my guess is many will

After they've had warnings and posted relentless amounts of shite if they persist then contain them all to the ****** section so they can't post anywhere else
Bit like being banged up for say a 3 months sentence then if there good they can come out lol

·
Registered
377 Posts
The MODS decision is of course final but surely one of you could have just messaged the guy and stated what you were not happy with? he didn't didn't post anything rude/offensive, just a young guy that loves the GTR.

·
Premium Member
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Gotta laugh at the guy with only 20 odd posts trying to change the way the forum operates:confused:
why just coz he has only 20 ish posts does that make him any less of a member than the rest of us??

a club/forum is only as good as its members with no members there is no club/forum.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
The MODS decision is of course final but surely one of you could have just messaged the guy and stated what you were not happy with? he didn't didn't post anything rude/offensive, just a young guy that loves the GTR.
But what did he add to the forum? It was total shite, not even banter. I must've banned him 5 times before his IP was blocked and he's re-registered about 3 more times. Who the hell wants to read about some idiots 0-60 time on a games console? Not me and, judging by most of the other replies, neither do most of the other forum members. There's a difference between being enthusiastic and being a nuisance. Tyler was the latter but didn't have to be.

21 - 40 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.