GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Test the GT-R NISMO GT3 :: Group News

Having a GT-R stalk online reading and learning and stumble across this...... So a gt3 nismo race ready Gtr is a smooth £295k however you can test drive one for £2,000 ... Now I know that's a lot of money but I couldn't think of a better experience! I'm going to send an email across now and see if they will do a deal for the forum if anyone else is interested?

As soon as I come into some money I will certainly be treating myself !!!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No you were right lol ... I'm talking about test driving it on track....if I had £295k it would be blown on a UGRTT aventador lol

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
No you were right lol ... I'm talking about test driving it on track....if I had £295k it would be blown on a UGRTT aventador lol
aventador, now your talking mate ;)

no way would I pay over 1/4 of a mil for a Nissan lol

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha exactly :)

Just received an email back:

Morning Matt,

Thank you for your email.

We're working hard to grow the Nissan GT3 business in Europe so you will be seeing more of them in action in future.

The test days we run are only for drivers with a racing licence. If any of your members do have a racing licence then I can arrange a test for them.

All details are at: Test the GT-R NISMO GT3 :: Group News

The only additional fee is a £15,000 insurance excess bond to be paid before the test that we return immediately after if there is no accident damage.

Let me know about that as the first step then we can look at combining that with a factory tour.

Thank you

James

James Walters
Partnership Manager

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
That's interesting, there are a few people with a racing licence on here I believe.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seems too easy?

You must be at least 16 years old.
Before you can apply for your first Race Licence, you must do the following:
Purchase a "Go Racing" starter pack from the MSA. This pack contains the Novice application form which includes the cost of the first licence, MSA Pen, Specimen Licence and a DVD, which contains the MSA Yearbook and a video on Racing.
If 18 or over, obtain a medical certificate (the form for completion is in the "Go Racing" pack).
Complete a half-day MSA course for novice drivers run only by members of the Association of Racing Drivers Schools (ARDS). Please contact your local school for costs.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Seems too easy?

Purchase a "Go Racing" starter pack from the MSA. This pack contains the Novice application form which includes the cost of the first licence, MSA Pen, Specimen Licence and a DVD, which contains the MSA Yearbook and a video on Racing.
If 18 or over, obtain a medical certificate (the form for completion is in the "Go Racing" pack).
Complete a half-day MSA course for novice drivers run only by members of the Association of Racing Drivers Schools (ARDS). Please contact your local school for costs.
Any dick can get a race license. I bet they will insist on signatures and a National A minimum, so you will actually need to race to get that (6 races at least)

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Seems too easy?

It's not that difficult Matt, you can get the pack and book in with MSV and complete it at Brands hatch with an ARDS instructor.

As said above, if they want a National A licence it's a bit more tricky as you have to take part in a few races to get your B upgraded to an A.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm pretty sure it'll be A minimum?

So that means you need a race car or you adapt your street car to FIA regulation? Seems too much messing around for a 60 minute experience ... I'm gutted but still the factory tour will have to do lol

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
I'd do it - but It's not all that.

Usually tests are on Merit. For example a test driver for a team may have never raced but may be a really good tester. You just have to prove you are serious.

Personally I'd rather have a test in a GT4 Ginetta and actually have a shot at racing one!

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I'm pretty sure it'll be A minimum?

So that means you need a race car or you adapt your street car to FIA regulation? Seems too much messing around for a 60 minute experience ... I'm gutted but still the factory tour will have to do lol
No, do pay to drive races.
You hire the car (or your slot of time in the car) for the weekend.

So you turn up, drive/race, have fun and get a signature on your B license.
Six signatures and it's upgraded to A effectively.

Depending on the class of car/race you are probably talking £1,500 upwards for the whole race/event.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you for the help!!!

So approx £1,500 an outing?

I don't have the time or the need for an A license (apart from this gt3 Gtr I'd love to drive) so will be missing out! Didn't say anything on the site about the license otherwise I wouldn't have got so excited lol

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
If you can prove capability an experience an National B would be OK Im sure. But that said, if you had the experience you would have a national A

1 - 20 of 32 Posts