GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Basically I was on my way there, in convoy with a load of guys from the Honda club, and my gearbox ripped itself apart, literally, and left me stranded on the A43 waiting for the AA to come and get me.

Wouldnt have been so bad, I was gonna hire a car and come up anyway :clap: but the AA took 8 hours to recover me and the car back to my brother's garage so I couldnt do that - and even if I could have borrowed a car from someone else the drive was too far to get there before the gates closed at midnight :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

So, Im sorry I missed you all, Im truly gutted and in need of a gearbox and propshaft for an R32GTR :bawling:

:bawling:

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
sorry to hear that mate... i hope you can get it sorted. Do you know what caused it to destruct?

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I think that may have had something to do with it, lol :clap:

·
Registered
365 Posts
argh no, just as your trying to sell it.

same kind of things happened to me, try selling my car and the head goes bang again because the company who 'repaired' it last time bodged it.

hope you get hold of one soon

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
If it helps i broke down on the M11 on the way to JAE. A hose had split under the inlet manifold. Four hours for the AA to get to me and another hour to get home. Lucky for me I had a spare on my old engine so we worked the rest of the night removing the starter and other parts to get to the hose and set off Sat morning.

·
Premium Member
11,878 Posts
And I have a leaking head gasket and it spat out all the water pulling into the show ground.:bawling:

Still, life goes on...:)

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
:(
Hope you get sorted as soon as Jeff
My car wouldn't start so I was walking around with the raging hump.
Just a foolish battery cable but going to a car show without a car is a real pain in the rear.
Thanks to Alex for detouring and picking me up at such short notice and Nigel for lending me a battery.
And Pulse for sitting down when we were chatting so I didn't feel like an oompa loompa :D
And everyone else on the GTR stand. Was a good turnout made better by finally getting a look at JasonO's car :cool:
Booty, you werre working too hard :(

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
moleman said:
Hope you get it sorted soon Jeff. You must have been in a foul mood by the time you got home.
I probably didnt help explaining my evening ahead via text while the poor bugger was still stuck wating for the third AA truck to arrive.

Hope you didnt get home so late you couldnt go out mate, had to make up for it somehow!

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SteveN said:
Hope you didnt get home so late you couldnt go out mate, had to make up for it somehow!
Yep - got to Steve's garage at about 9, my mate came to pick me up at 9.30 then we dropped the keys off with my brother so I had to go through the whole story again to him. Eventually got home about 11pm, feeling thoroughly knackered and fed up. I had a singular (warm) beer and went to bed :bawling:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.