GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts
I use ACspeedtech, awesome guys there, great service and brilliantly prices! Give Andy a shout.
I spoke to SVM and litchfield as well whilst I was investigating who to do the work.
I've had my GTR less than a week and used AC Speedtech for some tuning work at the weekend....
Andy is great and they were very well priced for the work they carried out and for the jobs I have planned in the future!
+1 on acspeedtech as well, always been very helpful to me, and really know their stuff, and they go the extra mile to get your car sorted, top guys.

·
Registered
798 Posts
It's always going to be difficult to choose between tuners, as the likes of jm, lichfields, svm, srd, acpeedtech, kaizer etc have all good reps, (sorry if I missed anyone out :) ) I've only had dealings with lichfields and svm, and both have been great, they were both at an equal distance away which is an important factor, but I chose to get my car modified by svm, and have never looked back since (5+ years), as others have mentioned in earlier posts it is important to go and meet the tuners personally, before making your final decision.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Lichfield for me because they will give you warranty and because they map their own car's. For me that shows they know exactly what they are doing.

The last time I was there Ian kept the shop open till 8pm for me and many times convinced me not to spend money where I was being a kid in a candy shop.

·
Premium Member
5,695 Posts
It's also strange how they have spent all that money on the new workshops and then their forum presence has really diminished of late. I can't remember the last time I saw any of their posts or new threads.
I think they are massivly stretched. I had my car serviced and a bit of a tune a while ago and am really struggling to get a copy of the service paperwork. Having had some dealing with Kev and Amar before the move, there is a noted difference in service level.

Hopefully they will 'man up' so to speak and then the good service will resume.

·
Registered
341 Posts
The two biggest GTR tuning companies I have heard of and have been recommend too are Litchfields and SVM.
Of the chaps I know, used Gtr's for sale and already tuned or modded cars on show, I'd say 90% of them have been in litchfields hands.
I am hoping to seriously mod my GTR but why has so many turned to Litchfield?
Hi mean bean i would like to share my experience with both litchfield and svm with you ( i will try and keep this short )

When i got my gtr some 6 years ago i wanted to go down the mod route but didn't no who to turn to at the time after hearing about litchfield i decided to see them for all my needs i.e service mod etc etc.

i went for they stage 1 miltek cat back and EcuTek remap on the way home from leaving litchfields after the mods the car shut down on the M6 without warning dash board lit up like a chirstmas tree then i find my self in the hard shoulder GREAT... lucky enough the M6 was pretty clear when it happened thank god.

i gave litchfield a call told them what happened and all i got back in reply was it was a COINCIDENCE that my gtr just shut down... no offer of recovery and next to non help.

and after speaking to one of the guys at EcuTek he gingerly told me that the remap software wasn't a finished product and apologised after i told him what happened to me.

not only did i feel i was a test dummy but i paid top dollar for some i was told was try'd and tested but i guess it was a coincidence...

after spending £££ at nissan to get my gtr back on the road i decided to go down the mod route again but this time with svm.

Kev at svm gave me detailed info to what each and every mod for my car would do and how to achieve my goal of 700BHP without breaking the bank and the car:chuckle:

handed kev my gtr with 100% confidence and in short the out come excessed my expections 760BHP with move to give.

from start to finish he and his team are faultless detailed emails, photos, and phone calls of my build on a daily basis customer service is second to non.

svm was a blessing in disguise after my bad experice with litchfield.

i no where i would go again.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have had dealings with litchfields and svm . My personal preference is svm I have found them to be honest and very trust worthy they have looked after my car for 3 years and they have carried out a lot of upgrades to my car .I have been very pleased with the work they have carried out and I would not hesitate to recommend them

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Yeah but I guess it depends on who's desk you have emptied your pockets....... I know I don't mind handing my money Over to ACSpeedtech as I get everything I need from them plus some!! I drive from Cambridge to Manchester for work and servicing, says it all really :)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.