GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys / Girls

Despite we had launched the Hybrid Carbon Bonnet for almost 2 years, with many coverages, people are still not sure exactly what they are, but only consider buying any "so called Carbon" bonnet depends on price.....Please, you all are GTR owners (most of you) and thousands spent on your pride and joy already. Treat your car something decent.......

In the general market, MOST (I am even dare to say 99%, unless you pay a lot more) "carbon bonnets" are ONLY a thin layer or carbon cloth wrapping the complete bonnet made with Fibre Glass... In most cases, you are talking about 10% of carbon and 90% of FRP.

This means the bonnet is actually made out of FRP, with a layer of carbon so you don't have to paint it ;) amd badged it "Carbon Bonnet"... These bonnets are heavier (ok lighter than most GTS stock bonnets) but they do not serve the purpose of CARBON - STRONG and LIGHT......

Why, are you paying about the same ? or even more (if our Hybrid is on offers) for something that is only a Carbon Wrapped???

Hybrid Carbon Bonnet - The complete top skin (anything but the Frame / skeleton) of the bonnet is made in REAL CARBON, offering the ratio of around 65%, ONLY the frame is made in FRP.. So more Carbon and LIGHTER...... Price - a mere 10% more than our old Regular Carbon Range, but quite often on special offers.

Hybrid FULL Carbon (Dry or "wet layed") - 100% full carbon including frame work - That is it.... Can be also made with preprag .. Price - Depends...

Lastly, all of our Hybrid Bonnets are made using VACUUM Infusion, in a controlled environment........, using our hybrid resin... Unlike most others where they are only using a paint brush and brush the gelcoat on, which can sometimes mean an uneven distribution / patches etc......

So, do worth asking / checking , where ever you are buying the bonnet from, and see if they know how its made and if its only a "BADGED" carbon bonnet., where it really is a FRP bonnet with a single layer of CARBON WRAPPING.......

Those who had purchased our hybrid range (bonnets and boots) are welcome to comment........

Hybrid Carbon GTT Bonnet

Old Regular Carbon GTT Bonnet (All you see is in FRP, only the top layer on the top is in carbon)

·
Vendor
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Notes to add, the 35 Bonnet and Boot is the hybrid complete where its made in FULL CARBON. I guess some GTR Owners have seen them on our 35 and is impressed with the quality (well tell me if you are not and have seen better for cheaper)...

On offer this month is the R33 GTR Top Secret Style for £ 595 including delivery to mainland UK (RRP £ 765 plus £ 35 Delivery)

Also R34 GTT Border Style for £ 550 Delivered within Mainland UK (RRP £ 765 plus £ 35 Delivery)

Not many in stock for this price guys

·
Registered
729 Posts
:cool: Will deffo have one of these as my next "big" purchase. If I can't manage it at the end of the month hopefully I'll be able to grab one at similar price @ end of feb. Have to pay for TS diffuser first.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Have to say I have seen these in the flesh when I was last at Knight Racer and can say the quality is bang-on. The bonnet/boot combination also looked fantastic on the GT-R belonging to K.R.

Albert, I'll be in touch soon to sort out the payment/delivery.

Cheers,
J.

·
Vendor
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wade, the number of layers of CF a lot of time depends on the type of bonnet but typically 2. They are vacuum'd with our hybrid resin which is completely different to the ordinary "hand wet lay'd " type with a roller..., which I would say is the way everyone else doing now for their FRP bonnet with carbon wrap.

We will be launching a feature with a little more info and details on the main difference of these bonnets and the regular FRP carbon wrapped bonnet that most others are offering... But that will be a couple of months.

Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.